New traffic light

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Drove past the new light 4 times now and no one seems to be stopping. If anything it making the traffic worse as making a left turn onto DR Rosen while heading east is now almost impossible and has the traffic backed up to Playero many times. Ugh progress!!!!!!!!

Bob K

drove past new light on sunday. someone in a pick up stopped (was it you, tflea?). minovio passed the pickup driving on a side of a road, honking his horn and shouting CABRON.
so much for the progress...

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i remember there use to be a police officer on that corner. is he gone now ? sometimes they would stand there and write tickets in the mornings and evenings. you would think people would obey the law right in front of the police station but i guess not. when i stay at the del delfin it's dangerous to cross the road even when the light turns red.....

dominican traffic rules:
green-go
yellow-faster
red-even faster

right ?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
tflea, as you seem to be the lone voice in the wilderness, let me say that I always stop at official traffic lights when red; the ones I exercise some discrimination over are when the roadwork guys are 'supervising' those unofficial lights and manage to have both sets (in opposite directions!) to green; then I'll use common sense and not go if the traffic coming in the opposite direction thinks it has right of way. I've been driving here 13 years (spent the first year not driving, observing, learning and plucking up the courage to.........;) ). So far I have never been rear ended, so I'm not certain where all these lights are which mean that obedience signals an accident. I know of course that that could change tomorow.......... but if people are sitting too close to my rear I either let them overtake or give them a lesson in emergency braking drill.

Noticed today after driving through floods in PP and Costambar, no-one else appears to know the high revs low gear routine and am I the only person to test their brakes after exiting a flood...................? :ermm:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Common Sense

Common sense goes a long way. As usual people started to take off on a simple premise. My position hasn't changed. Suerte, and thanks for your words.

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
Policeman was standing at the light on Friday. I stopped because it was red and he waved me on through.......gotta love it....

Now there is a new light to main entrance to Charamico (not working yet), and
another is sked for Sosua abajo, another in Cangrejo. Maybe one at the airport entrance as well but a yellow blinker, like the one sked for area in front of the air force base where the kids swarm going to and from school. Palm plants and flamboyan trees also sked for the road from Cangrejo to Bella Vista road entrance. I guess it could be considered progress? Judgement reserved, chicken not hatched.

Sosua Abajo light is up and running with the little hottie Amet girl giving tickets all morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.