New Traffic Regs.

aeng

Aug 13, 2019
I understand the Sosua Mayor is introducing new Traffic regulations along with additional Traffic lights.
You are not allowed to enter the proposed yellow boxes with crossed lines unless the way ahead is clear, even although the traffic light shows green !
That's going to be very difficult for Dominicans to understand !
There's obviously a surplus of yellow paint in the DR. The extensive "double yellow lines" ? I'm betting 95% of Dominican drivers don't understand why they're painted and what they mean . ( Maybe some Gringos as well !)
New One-way directives ; some streets -NO PARKING . The Mayor, aided by the traffic police to enforce the new changes and improve the driving in Sosua ?
Will the Police stop the moto-conchos driving the wrong way up one-way streets ... maybe !

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm thinking Sept 14th in the DR is like April 1 in North America. But then again every time a local politician in the DR opens his or hers mouths its like April Fools.
Especially when it comes to policing motos

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Where are they going to put these proposed yellow boxes?

Not boxes, intersection grids painted on the road.
1600168324586.png

Reactions: cavok

aeng

Aug 13, 2019
Not boxes, intersection grids painted on the road.
Yes, they are Anti-Blocking Squares ( Rectangulo antibloqueo) painted at Intersections. you cannot enter the square/rectangle unless the way ahead is clear even if a traffic signal is "green"

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
When will they stop the taxis from running in the motorcycle margin, and stop the motos from blatantly running the red light at Playero (some cars too). I suggest extra speed bumps only in the moto margin to make it painful for the taxis to use that area. And one permanent policeman to flag and ticket or sieze) motos intentionally running the red light.
I wish I owned a big Daihatsu truck with welded front and rear bumpers that stuck out slightly on the side with a pointed end to give the cheating and dangerous taxis a can opener as they try to squeeze past

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
When will they stop the taxis from running in the motorcycle margin, and stop the motos from blatantly running the red light at Playero (some cars too). I suggest extra speed bumps only in the moto margin to make it painful for the taxis to use that area. And one permanent policeman to flag and ticket or sieze) motos intentionally running the red light.
I wish I owned a big Daihatsu truck with welded front and rear bumpers that stuck out slightly on the side with a pointed end to give the cheating and dangerous taxis a can opener as they try to squeeze past

Motos running red lights is cultural. I don't expect to live long enough to see it change.

Reactions: JD Jones

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

I want one of those trucks too. Or at the very least one of those cars I remember from cartoons, that have massive punching glove fists on springs that fly out and smack other vehicles. Or a bumper car like they have at amusement parks.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Motos running red lights is cultural. I don't expect to live long enough to see it change.
Grand Culture ! - so when a rider on a moto is struck and killed for his foolish cultural actions he has only himself to blame - but the car driver bears the brunt of liability

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Grand Culture ! - so when a rider on a moto is struck and killed for his foolish cultural actions he has only himself to blame - but the car driver bears the brunt of liability

Correct. That's the way it usually works. I know of at least half a dozen cases of Dominican acquaintances who have had to make major changes in their finances and or/properties due to accidents where they were not at fault but sued anyway.
Having all of your assets in a corporation is not a luxury, it is a necessity.

Norberto61

Jun 21, 2015
Protect pedestrians?! Look here if you think it is anything but every man(woman) for themselves when you step off the curb - you are dangerously deluding yourself