New Travel Rules to Enter the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
U.S. citizens and residents returning from abroad who aren’t vaccinated will have to obtain a negative Covid-19 test within a day of their flight, the officials said.

Under the new system, vaccinated people who have had a negative test in the prior 72 hours will be able to board a flight to the U.S. as long as they share contact tracing information. Unvaccinated foreigners will be generally barred from entry.

Good move of the Biden administration.

So much for the self entitled who think that their wants supersede national health.
It'll never happen in the US.

Non vaccinated US citizens will get a covid test for re-entry to the US, not too complicated.
They make it easy as I don't see anything about a PCR test, which is required by most advanced countries.

Reactions: OldSkool

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
One thing to consider -

The DR vax card is written differently than the US- the day/month is reversed.

Much of the world uses day, month, year.....seems logical.

Just as most use the metric system or the 24 Hr. clock.
Even US military often uses metric so do shipping companies for international trade.

Global standards are not a bad idea.

Reactions: OldSkool

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Good news.
Nice to know we fly in the company of other vaccinated people.
I think Americans can still just test. I would be a visitor to the US so I will have to be vaccinated and my vaccination card is currently up to date.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Air Canada just made it easier for Canadians returning from the US and other countries. They set up a deal with Switchhealth.ca. AC flyers can purchase portable Covid tests kits to use prior to their return to Canada. Both the 15 minute quick test accepted by the US and the LAMP test accepted by Canada are available. I expect other Canadian airlines, WestJet, Sunwing, Air Transat, will provide the same service.

You use your cell phone to link up with Switchhealth on line, install a QR code sticker on your test, run the easy menu driven test, scan the test when completed, send it to the company, they confirm the results and provide you with a confirmed copy of the results with QR code attached.

if your an Aeroplan member the LAMP test is $79 CDN. Otherwise the cost is $149. Some Canadian tourists and snowbirds in the US and the DR will still use local labs. Others will feel comfortable using the portable test. Anything that promotes tourism at any level is a good thing.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Seriously?
What's so confusing about that information?
I think it is about the clearest, most concise bit of info, on travel restrictions to enter the U.S., that I have seen in a while.
i think the illegal immigrants crossing the southern border in their droves are excluded from this requirement ...in fact i dont think they need a negative test or a vaccine

Reactions: cavok and windeguy

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
It would be brilliant of all of us who "think and don't know" to keep their uninformed opinions to themselves and spare themselves ridicule and embarrassment ;) Same for all those unable to comprehend whatever it is they're ranting about.

Brings to mind an old saying, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt". Pretty sure someone famous said that...ex President perhaps ;)

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Would anyone know if they have the attestation forms at the airport? Does Biden think everyone in the RD has a printer. Or is it time to run around to find a place that prints off an iphone?//

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Would anyone know if they have the attestation forms at the airport? Does Biden think everyone in the RD has a printer. Or is it time to run around to find a place that prints off an iphone?//
What is it you need a hard copy of for Biden?

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Yes, they do. Jetblue has passed them out as you wait in line to check in on my last few flights.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have been given a one page document to sign.....not after Nov 8th.....
The airlines will surely have what we need -

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Excerpted from: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html#general

Are You Fully Vaccinated for Air Travel to the United States?
You are considered fully vaccinated:

• 2 weeks (14 days) after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a clinical trial
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of a Novavax (or Covovax) COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a phase 3 clinical trial
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after you received 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart*
If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT fully vaccinated.

* CDC has not recommended the use of mix-and-match COVID-19 vaccine primary series. However, such strategies are increasingly common in many countries outside of the United States. Therefore, for the of purpose of interpreting vaccination records for travel to the United States, CDC will accept combinations of accepted COVID-19 vaccines.

Does anyone have any experience to share in using the 15 minute home tests for boarding flights to the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.