New Year, Nuevo Tu!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I've decided to stop drinking cheap rum. Does that count???? OH... forgot to mention I'm still gonna' drink the good rum, but only with DIET Coke. LOL.

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
People at the gym always ask me about advice on reaching their goal, I have been working out for over 20 yrs and I always say to start by changing your diet before anything. Because eating unhealthy and working your butt off at the gym is like turning the AC and heater at the same time.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
If possible I'd like to do this without having to take anything - but if there is no improvement after 6 months of diet and exercise I might have no choice.
r&b - what, if any, are the side effects?

No side effects to Simvastatin but you may want to have your doctor do a blood test. High triglycerides and cholesterol combined with high sugar = adult Diabetes. Check it out.
Crestor is another very very good drug for cholesterol and triglycerides but talk to your doctor.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Agree, we buy very little in the way of processed food. I make things like tomato sauce from scratch:
skin 4-6 ripe tomatoes, simmer for 40 mins or so with a couple of cloves of garlic, oregano and bayleaf, once cooked add salt, pepper a dash of olive oil and fresh basil leaves.

RAmelia

Oct 20, 2011
so how's everyone doing with their weight loss goals so far? however it's going, don't give up. Mine is not going as good as I'd like but 13 pounds since January. 15 more to go!

RAmelia

Oct 20, 2011
Hang in there. YOu're such a loser! Keep it up. Try one meal a day with just fruit.

Thanks Bronze. I am a bit frustrated that it's not coming down as quickly although I have been losing weight at the safe-recommended 1-2 pounds per week rate. Just learned about how pure coffee extract supplements are a natural weigh loss aide so might give that a try.

Speaking of losers, ever wonder why the folks on that show drop it so quickly? I know they work out a lot but for the rest of us, we should at least see a 1/4 of the results they yield!

Oh well, one day at a time I guess.

EllaTO

Mar 16, 2012
I weigh the same now as when I graduated from college :) but I never let myself get out of shape in all those years. Weigh 115 at 5'4", run ~25 miles a week, lift weights 2-3 times a week, play golf all summer long walking the course, get chased by sankies all winter long... burn more calories than you take in daily allows for treats (and vino!) from time to time.

I don't eat foods that are processed...eat organic wherever possible and prudent. I feel sad for people my age that struggle to move around because they are carrying too much weight. It is difficult for people like this to start an exercise program. And that is what they need most - push away from the table and get moving.

Weighing and measuring your food and understanding what a portion size actually is... That's a great start!

ella

RAmelia

Oct 20, 2011
Thanks guys. I feel so motivated again!
Der Fish, how lucky you are to be enjoying all these local treats.