New Year's Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

apostropheman

i'm searching for an affordable flight with decent dates as i type this!!!

i hope i don't have to fly into punta cana again :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

As long as you don't have to swim the Mona Strait.
All kidding aside, if you can make it, Dude, it's gonna be bigger and better than last year, if you can imagine that.
Lord only knows where you'll find accommodations, but if push comes to shove, we'll find you a couch somewhere.

GOLFGUY

Oct 25, 2004
Clothes Make Great Presents

My first Christmas/New Years in S.D. was a real eye-opener. I brought what I thought were nice presents, toys and such, but to my amazement, the kids didn't want toys but what they really wanted was new clothes and/or sneakers (tenis, for boys) or shoes (zapatillas, for girls). Every year after that I would fill up duffel bags of clothes bought at K-Mart Christmas sales (or the like, including Bealls, which is a great store for cheap clothes), and when I got to my house in Santiago, the kids would attack my bags like kids on Christmas morning. Each kid would get 3-4 shirts and a new pair of sneakers/shoes. That was 6 years ago, and now those kids (now young adults) have closets of clothes and 3-4 pairs of shoes/sneakers each. Appearance for Dominicans is very important. My kids take great pride in their clothes and they take very good care of them; they even have begun working to save money to buy their own clothes. Clothes - the gift that keeps giving.

A

apostropheman

As long as you don't have to swim the Mona Strait.
All kidding aside, if you can make it, Dude, it's gonna be bigger and better than last year, if you can imagine that.
Lord only knows where you'll find accommodations, but if push comes to shove, we'll find you a couch somewhere.
you know me...most any place will do, but i'll worry about that once i have a flight booked. :)

last year a booked a week or so before departure and that worked out just fine. i bet bruno will share his accommodations with me...hehehe

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Marco,
After I looked at the pics you just posted and recalled the pics from last year, the tears just started flowing.

This is by far the most heart-wrenching time of the year for the poor, the parents wishing they could provide something for their children, the children (the ones that aware) missing out on receiving gifts.
For you and all your generous friends who, so unselfishly, take the time to make someone's life a little brighter - a enormous pat on the back and a thousand thank yous!

I commend you on all your hard work, dedication and generosity. You are what every ex-pat who has decided to make the DR home, should be. Aware and pro-active.

It would be an honour to meet you some day. To all that have joined Marco in this wonderful tradition, you are all "saints" in my mind.

Wish I could be there to join in all the fun, someday I will return... sigh!

Marlie

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

Im actually thinking of flying into Punta Cana...I have some business to do there, then making my way to SOsua, with stops in Santo Domingo and maybe Santiago...not sure about the route for the way back... What dates are you looking at?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Im actually thinking of flying into Punta Cana...I have some business to do there, then making my way to SOsua, with stops in Santo Domingo and maybe Santiago...not sure about the route for the way back... What dates are you looking at?
Wow.
Wouldn't that be kool if it works out that way.
Hey David, in case you don't know, Apos is tops.
I'll just leave it at that.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
After I looked at the pics you just posted and recalled the pics from last year, the tears just started flowing.
That just goes to show where your heart's at. Don't ever change.

For you and all your generous friends who, so unselfishly, take the time to make someone's life a little brighter.
Thanks for the kind words. There are many "generous friends" who quietly in the background, help out, more than you can imagine.

Wish I could be there to join in all the fun, someday I will return... sigh!
Marlie
One day, you will. Some good things, are worth the wait.
Look forward to meeting you.

A

apostropheman

thanks brother.

DavidZ...i'm looking at the an arrival in PC on the 22nd to the 25th for a week and leaving on the 29th to Jan 1...depending on price and availability.

of course i want to be in sosua for the "champagne run" on the 31st but we'll see what happens. it's all speculation until the last minute prices are set.

i'm also watching la romana, santo domingo, santiago and puerto plata. it's not a big deal anymore for me to travel from any of them to sosua...got the tshirt :bunny:
Wow.
Wouldn't that be kool if it works out that way.
Hey David, in case you don't know, Apos is tops.
I'll just leave it at that.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Apos....Im looking at flying into PUJ on the 11th. Spirit's having one of their wacky $39 each way fares... being in South Florida, I only have one option (AA) into POP, one into Santiago, and a few into SDQ... There won't be another flight within $200 of Spirit, and since I need to spend a few days in Punta Cana, I think I'm going to go for it. I won't be leaving for a month or so, so I'll have plenty of time to get back to PUJ, but doing it alone one way is fine, I've travelled all over by myself, but twice the same trip kinda sucks...

A

apostropheman

i'd recommend flying from POP to PUJ if your'll be ending your journey in the area. it's $149 1 way. i flew them last year and it was great. 1 hours flight instead of all day on the bus.
Regular Flights
Apos....Im looking at flying into PUJ on the 11th. Spirit's having one of their wacky $39 each way fares... being in South Florida, I only have one option (AA) into POP, one into Santiago, and a few into SDQ... There won't be another flight within $200 of Spirit, and since I need to spend a few days in Punta Cana, I think I'm going to go for it. I won't be leaving for a month or so, so I'll have plenty of time to get back to PUJ, but doing it alone one way is fine, I've travelled all over by myself, but twice the same trip kinda sucks...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Taking the TakeOff flight is the way Im leaning for the return...I was also considering ending up in Samana, then taking the ferry across the bay, then heading to Punta Cana either by bus or a friend's car...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Um...uh... I seem to have misunderstood the request.... ;)
I see...
You mean, like, "Come up and see my etchings"?
We had better get back on track here,:cheeky: .
New Year's Eve....
I live for New Year's Eve.
This is the only night of the year I party with my friends.
Despite hardly ever drinking, I get completely blasted.
I'm a kid again, and nothing is serious, I have no cares, I'm no longer Rocky, just Marco.
I advise the staff to not even think of me doing anything even remotely related to work.
It's my night to give, and it's the happiest day of my year.
Anyone who joins the procession of vehicles, on our "Champagne Runs", will NEVER forget it for the rest of their lives.

SPMGIRL

Jul 13, 2006
where in sosua is Rockies...I'm always in Sosua and have never seen it...would like to come by on New Years Eve

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Numer 16 on map

SosuaMapNumbered600x346.jpg

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
How far is sosua to the lifestyle tropical resort? this sounds to great to miss out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.