New york style pizza in la vega is what the sign says..

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
They have a spot in both Santiago and La Vega. In Santiago they are on Av. Metropolitana

Not sure it's still called Macao Grill for their Santiago location, as they've taken the signage down a few months ago, not even sure they are still open. Tried their pizza btw, it sucked. Go for Piccola La Locanda instead, a hundred yards away on the same street.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you want to save a ton of money on Dominican Cheese, just pick up all the styrofoam plates, cups, and boxes you find all over the road.
Take them home, wash them, get a can of yellow spray paint, spray them, and "Enjoy"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will give you some well needed "fiber", and help the environment at the same time!!!!!!
"Win-Win"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
In LT there are many good pizza places and for the most part they are using mozzarella cheese but all in all it is a European style pizza with thin crust and a little tomato sauce plus toppings. It is very tasty, but it is not in any way, shape or form like a NY style pizza and never will be.

LTSteve

May 29, 2006
The best pizza i ever had is one i make myself.

Jax

Agreed. Homemade pesto is dirt cheap in the DR, then you can make Bruschetta by grilling thick slices of Italian bread on one side then topping it with pesto, sliced roma tomatoes and shredded parm and baking it.

There's a crust, there's tomatoes and there's cheese. Works for me!

Dec 26, 2011
Agreed. Homemade pesto is dirt cheap in the DR, then you can make Bruschetta by grilling thick slices of Italian bread on one side then topping it with pesto, sliced roma tomatoes and shredded parm and baking it.

There's a crust, there's tomatoes and there's cheese. Works for me!

Try prosciutto or serrano ham with manchego, drizzled with olive oil and dotted with oil-cured black olives.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i also make great pizza, totally from scratch: dough, sauce and all. thin crust, normally, because this is what we like!

May 29, 2006
Once you go there, you may as well start whipping up some tapenades, not that that's a bad thing.

Another nice combo is Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, Melted Brie and Marinated Portobellos. You can marinate the shrooms in either Balsamic Vinegar or simply Italian Dresssing, bake whole gills up until tender, then slice and store cold.

Dec 26, 2011
Once you go there, you may as well start whipping up some tapenades, not that that's a bad thing.

Another nice combo is Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, Melted Brie and Marinated Portobellos. You can marinate the shrooms in either Balsamic Vinegar or simply Italian Dresssing, bake whole gills up until tender, then slice and store cold.

I like the way you think.