Newbie to DR1 from Nova Scotia, Canada

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
... If you don't speak Spanish, it's probably the North Coast (maybe Punta Cana in the east) for the first year or so until you can function effectively in your new 1st language.

Welcome to DR1

GJM

Aug 30, 2015
Welcome GJM!! Excited to hear from a fellow Nova Scotian!! I am from Shelburne on the south shore of NS, then later studied and worked in Halifax before travel and eventually ending up here in the DR where I've been living with my husband (and now our two daughters born here) full time for 7 1/2 years. I am up on the North Coast in Cabrera. What brings you to the DR.. and Santo Domingo in particular?

I'm from the Fundy Shore not far from Shelburne in Nova Scotia... I have never been on North Coast of DR ...
Cabrera looks very nice from pictures I seen. Hope to visit the North Coast at some point.
Same here studied and worked in the IT field in Halifax and came back to hometown.
Now looking to escape cold Canada... Traveled a few places but my love is the DR which
have been going there since 2001 and now stay off resorts for the last couple years and longer stays. I would
be interested talking to other Nova Scotians living in DR and Canadians that live close to Santo Domingo,
Yamasa, Punta Cana, Higuey general areas. All the Best !!! Keep in touch ...