Nissan Murano Copper/Orange?!!??

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I just had our 2002 Ford F350 15 passenger van painted in Santiago.

Bodywork/dings fixed, small surface rust spots properly prepped and repaired, bumpers painted, wheels painted, trailer hitch carrier repainted, 2 coats white (original color), 1 coat clear, all wet sanded when hardened: RD$15,000.

Blimey!!! Ok i didnt realize it was so cheap!! Thanks!!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
154870_main_bigger.jpg

Found one!

Here's the link on Super Carros. Nissan Murano 2004 En Venta en Rep?blica Dominicana @SuperCarros.com - #154870

Do I win a prize?

Thank you, yes i found that one too and have called them thanks. Would like something a bit newer though ideally 2008.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Thank you, yes i found that one too and have called them thanks. Would like something a bit newer though ideally 2008.

o.k.,
a Car 2008 or newer I would not buy and change the color right away,
we are talking a near new vehicle now,
there's nothing better than the original Paint on the Babe, doesn't matter the cost. we been talking about painting our ole mobiles, something very different.
for a Car that New I would recommend to take your time and find it in the color you wish to have, don't take the original paint of such new car off to replace it with a cheap paintjob, pleeease.
Mike

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The quickest way to rip the guts from the value of your car is to change the color...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The quickest way to rip the guts from the value of your car is to change the color...

absolutely correct
and there are 2 mainreasons for that:
* the color of a vehicle is one of the keyfeatures in the Car papers/Matricula, you are not allowed to change the color of a Car without getting completely new Car Papers/Matricula which shows the new color, for a newer Vehicle like mentioned such is not a cheapy.
* in case of Value, a "Painted" vehicle is for a Buyer always suspicious to be an Accident Car, the most reason why a car get's freshly painted.
Mike

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
absolutely correct
and there are 2 mainreasons for that:
* the color of a vehicle is one of the keyfeatures in the Car papers/Matricula, you are not allowed to change the color of a Car without getting completely new Car Papers/Matricula which shows the new color, for a newer Vehicle like mentioned such is not a cheapy.
* in case of Value, a "Painted" vehicle is for a Buyer always suspicious to be an Accident Car, the most reason why a car get's freshly painted.
Mike

I would add a 3rd reason. No matter how good the new paint job is, unless the new color is the same as the original or nearly so, every little nick or scratch will reveal the vehicles "history". I think this would be especially true with a "unique" color like the one laurajane wants.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
It's really a 3.5 ton Ford F350 truck with a big empty box on it, and a big truck V-8 motor. Mileage is the same whether I drive alone or full of people and pulling our 14' trailer: 8-10mpg.

Not our daily driver, but really nice to have when we need it.
That is the reason for what those American trucks are not popular in DR, look at this minivan, it's a Kia Pregio, Diesel engine and it runs between 45 and 60 km. per Gal. depending on the driving conditions.

DominicanRepublic506.jpg

JJ

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
That is the reason for what those American trucks are not popular in DR, look at this minivan, it's a Kia Pregio, Diesel engine and it runs between 45 and 60 km. per Gal. depending on the driving conditions.

DominicanRepublic506.jpg

JJ
No way I can put 11 (out of 15 seats) full size American or European people with a bunch of luggage in that and pull a 14' trailer full of supplies and some motorcycles up mountain roads at normal speeds.

We weren't concerned about mileage. We needed muscle. We looked at a turbodiesel Hyundai H1 and it badly failed the test, not to mention you couldn't put 9 real humans in the largest model.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
No way I can put 11 (out of 15 seats) full size American or European people with a bunch of luggage in that and pull a 14' trailer full of supplies and some motorcycles up mountain roads at normal speeds.

We weren't concerned about mileage. We needed muscle. We looked at a turbodiesel Hyundai H1 and it badly failed the test, not to mention you couldn't put 9 real humans in the largest model.

Yes you are right, if you are not concerned about gas millage the American truck is much better than the other one.

JJ

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Yes you are right, if you are not concerned about gas millage the American truck is much better than the other one.

JJ

JJ
it's not even only about the Mussles.
in that Kia 9 would not be half comfortable seated than in Roberts Van.
and without any passenger and luggage loaded it would have trouble to pull a loaded Trailor up the mountains without the need to call a mecanic on half way, lol.
there are vehicles for all different needs.
the Kia can bring a small family with light luggage from the airport to their home/hotel etc.
Robert's Van can do that and everything else, lol.
for private use, look on the gas Mileage and take a economical vehicle.
for work you need to take what is able to get the Job Done.
Mike

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
JJ
it's not even only about the Mussles.
in that Kia 9 would not be half comfortable seated than in Roberts Van.

Mike
Some truth there.

All the 9+ vans available here we looked at had those little fold down seats at the end of each row. Comfort aside, we just knew those things were too flimsy to last long.

There is the right tool for every job.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Yes but some time when people grows in poor countries their mentality is different than the people from rich countries. Look what is happening to me right now here in US.
I bought a Dodge Dakota truck, the body is in very good shape but the engine was down I felt in love with this truck because it came in a 2.50cc four cylinder engine as my concern always is to save gas but them trying to find the motor I had a hard time as only very few of theses trucks were built in small engine as American people loves power rather that economy.
Finally I found the info that the jeep cherokee uses the same engine and I got from a junk jeep.
Check this video
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhKZur34IzI&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhKZur34IzI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
JJ

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yes but some time when people grows in poor countries their mentality is different than the people from rich countries. Look what is happening to me right now here in US.
I bought a Dodge Dakota truck, the body is in very good shape but the engine was down I felt in love with this truck because it came in a 2.50cc four cylinder engine as my concern always is to save gas but them trying to find the motor I had a hard time as only very few of theses trucks were built in small engine as American people loves power rather that economy.
Finally I found the info that the jeep cherokee uses the same engine and I got from a junk jeep.

Two things Dominican about that video, the website on the screen and the plastic chairs in the pick up :)

The truck looks cool as well!

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Why would you throw in an "unknown" motor, instead of repairing the original one?

Rebuilt the engine yourself, and you know what you've got.

It looks the the driver overhaul the motor, piston # 3 broke and the cylinder block cracked as received an impact of the piston rod. I'll swicht all the parts from the original engine to new one.

JJ

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Why would you throw in an "unknown" motor, instead of repairing the original one?

Rebuilt the engine yourself, and you know what you've got.
Some can't be rebuilt.

And the way salvage yards work today you can find excellent low-mileage complete engines for a fraction of rebuilding or a crate motor. WITH a 90 day warranty.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Guys, you're hijacking laurajane's thread here. Want me to split it off to a new one?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Naw, this is great...JJ is one great mechanic... that Dodge look great, and in the meantime I have hounds looking for laurajanes Bronze/copper/"ladrillo" Nissan Murano....

Thing is, there are some negotiations going on at the Aduana concerning customs fees and it is in her best interest to be patient...

I just learned that one of the most reputable dealers in Santiago. Macarlise Motors, sold out....they are now living in Miami. Why? They could not compete with the money launderers that sell cars at whatever price....They sold factory products...Ford, Chevy...good people..

HB