No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
How does that work if you were vaccinated abroad ?
I have a EU sanitary pass. ( Double Pfizer dose ) , that comes in the form of a QR code.

Reactions: genistar

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
It is here. No vaccine, no service in the Dominican Reipublic. Starting Oct. 18. Good luck to the Anti-Vax crowd.........

Thankfully none of the businesses will enforce it, neither will the police. Starting with the All Inclusive resorts all the way down to the local colmado.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Thankfully none of the businesses will enforce it, neither will the police. Starting with the All Inclusive resorts all the way down to the local colmado.
I hope I am not misunderstood but in Denmark they gave up implementing the Corona passport App. At least I think that’s partly what happened as everything is open now and no requirements. I can’t see the DR implementing something like this. Then we will really know they are bullshitting. I am all for vaccination by the way.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thankfully or hopefully? For starters do you really think all Government services will NOT enforce this. Good luck getting Driver's license, Passport, Cedula, Marbete, or even enter a Bank or major Supermarket. What about the airports?

KEEP DREAMING........................

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Thankfully or hopefully? For starters do you really think all Government services will NOT enforce this. Good luck getting Driver's license, Passport, Cedula, Marbete, or even enter a Bank or major Supermarket. What about the airports?

You have a point there actually. Same places that have been able to enforce strictly the mask requirement.

Reactions: Juan3248

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

I totally agree. Those places just love to find a new reason to boss people around. Will be the same in Claro offices and in upscale shopping malls too.

Reactions: Juan3248 and aarhus

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

I can just see it now.
1st of the month comes and you have a large group of Haitians being denied entry to the La Sirena
Western Union offices after standing in line in the hot sun for an hour or two because they aren't vaccinated.

Samantha Power has been in town the past few days, Coincidence? I think not.

This type of crap is going to cause a lot of problems for an already damaged society in need of much repair.
Rather than double down and focus on education (along with corruption) they offer us this as yet another distraction.

This may cause innocent people who are just trying to do their job and enforce rules, to get hurt, just as it has in other
countries who've tried the same approach.

Tourist aren't required to show proof of vaccine or negative covid test results... so do the new rules apply to these
folk$. NOPE. I just arrived from China (no problem) Welcome to the Dominican Republic Mr. Gringo, how much in dollars do you need to exchange?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Have not heard of any problems described above at ANY of the places I mentioned earlier enforcing Mask Mandates..................

And a good thing that the lines in banks, supermarkets, Govt. offices will be a lot shorter...............

And this does not go into effect until Oct. 18. So try and go to a Money Exchange after that date and let us know if you get in.......................................

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I can just see it now.
1st of the month comes and you have a large group of Haitians being denied entry to the La Sirena
Western Union offices after standing in line in the hot sun for an hour or two because they aren't vaccinated.

Samantha Power has been in town the past few days, Coincidence? I think not.

This type of crap is going to cause a lot of problems for an already damaged society in need of much repair.
Rather than double down and focus on education (along with corruption) they offer us this as yet another distraction.

This may cause innocent people who are just trying to do their job and enforce rules, to get hurt, just as it has in other
countries who've tried the same approach.

Tourist aren't required to show proof of vaccine or negative covid test results... so do the new rules apply to these
folk$. NOPE. I just arrived from China (no problem) Welcome to the Dominican Republic Mr. Gringo, how much in dollars do you need to exchange?
Do haitians typically go to La Sirena ?

Reactions: bob saunders

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
En masse.
I used La Sirena as an example because that is where most of the W.Union Offices are here in Santiago.
All La Sirena's strictly enforce Mask Mandates, and you can be sure that they will enforce this also..................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
All La Sirena's strictly enforce Mask Mandates, and you can be sure that they will enforce this also..................
100% agreed.
I also got to see first hand how the security guards were overwhelmed when all of this crap
first started and since they've always been very polite and respectful to me, I would hate to
see or hear about one of them getting pushed around or hurt by someone furious they aren't
allowed to come inside and collect money.
May be I got it all wrong but let me just say this.
The government claims we have around 300,000 Haitians living in this country, give or take.
Of those 300,000 how many do you think are carrying a vaccine card?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I will never understand why some folks who have gotten the jab, become ass***** and start hounding those who have not...if you got it to be safe then you are...stop harassing the rest...
I actually don’t have it yet. I got the first Sinovac but never got around doing the second. I am thinking of going directly to two Pfizer and mostly so I can travel.

Jan 9, 2004
It is here. No vaccine, no service in the Dominican Reipublic. Starting Oct. 18. Good luck to the Anti-Vax crowd.........

I will be in the port at Caucedo October 25th to transfer a shipment of vehicles. I will see then if your statement no vaccine no service is accurate..........or inaccurate. That statement certainly does not comport with what your link says...........if you read it.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Status
Not open for further replies.