No Dunkin Donuts in the Dominican Republic?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Dunkin Donuts? Doesn't hold a candle to "Tim Horton's"... William Webster and I are going to open up a "Timmies" Tim Hortons.. Webster what do you think?...... All those Dominican Hockey Moms in the morning will surely stop by.. :eek:

you might succeed with the North Americans and the Canadians, but the local crowd will not go for it. they do not drink their coffee from buckets. the smallest Tim Horton?s cup is bigger than the biggest Dominican cup. there would not be enough sugar in the country to sweeten one to Dominican taste.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
you might succeed with the North Americans and the Canadians, but the local crowd will not go for it. they do not drink their coffee from buckets. the smallest Tim Horton?s cup is bigger than the biggest Dominican cup. there would not be enough sugar in the country to sweeten one to Dominican taste.

I hear what you are saying Gorgon and agree for any other type of coffee shop. But Tim Hortons has an addictive in their coffee, they must have because everyone in Canada always has a line up of people. I love timmies too Harley.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I hear what you are saying Gorgon and agree for any other type of coffee shop. But Tim Hortons has an addictive in their coffee, they must have because everyone in Canada always has a line up of people. I love timmies too Harley.

this is the second time i have heard it suggested that Tim Hortons has some illegal ingredient which causes addiction. my buddy lives in Toronto and he cannot pass a day without 3 cups, or bad things could happen.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I was at a Dunkin Donuts the other day and noticed a large map on the wall with all the countries in the world where DD is present. Nearly every country in Latin America has Dunkin Donuts, but not the DR. Do Dominicans not like donuts? It seems they have just about every other American chain. They even have Denny's and Long John Silver!

Can someone enlighten me as to in what way this is a disaster of biblical proportions?

There is no Marks & Spencer, MIGROS, Kaufhof, Maison de Cote d'Or, Les Trois Freres,Walls ice cream,Lyon's tea Shop,Rue de Boulanger, either. but we manage.

Should I be panicking yet?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My brother-in-law sells several hundred cake donuts everyday to the school kids, and they are readily available at the different bakeries in town.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Not a fan of my hometown' s coffee...but it supports the tax base here in MA. And Dunkin Brands is in the DR with its Baskin
Robbins Division...and it get its cone licked by the much cheaper Bon. Likely not eager to take on cafe con leche.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
My brother-in-law sells several hundred cake donuts everyday to the school kids, and they are readily available at the different bakeries in town.

The point he is tricking the children by wearing a TIM HORTONS uniform could be considered fraud..

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
in NY there are too many health conscious types...guys jogging in the park, riding on bike trails, going to gyms, and eating health food. down south, it is just a bunch of lardasses eating pork rinds and fried eels, who weigh 400 pounds, and who have never been introduced to the concept of healthy eating.

in my 27 years of living in the south, I have yet to see eel on any menu. If one happens to catch one while fishing, the head is immediately lopped off.
I challenge you to come down to Dothan or Gainesville and experience the joy of southern cuisine. Try a helping of biscuits n gravy, you'll never touch a bagel again.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
in my 27 years of living in the south, I have yet to see eel on any menu. If one happens to catch one while fishing, the head is immediately lopped off.
I challenge you to come down to Dothan or Gainesville and experience the joy of southern cuisine. Try a helping of biscuits n gravy, you'll never touch a bagel again.

ROLL, i am not the guy to invite to eat Southern cuisine, because i love it. i used to spend many a Friday at this joint in Mount Vernon, NY, eating baskets of this thing called mudbugs, cajun style. Southern fried chicken has no equal in the poultry world, and jambalaya is magic. that is exactly why southern bodies do not look like the guys from Vermont and New Hampshire who eat celery sticks and organic cauliflower, and ride bikes 30 miles a day.

westcan

Sep 10, 2008

Hey wait a second.......

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
A Dunkin Donuts franchise would surely makes money on the North Coast, Sosua or Cabarete, because of a large group of North American ex-pats and tourists.

I know I would almost kill for a good donut with lemon or blueberry filling.... Miam miam....

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
eh??? ta loco??
I was stationed with CF troops in GE, and perhaps I may be stereotyping, but I've never seen a group of people get as tore up as my CF brethren once they began tipping.
Plus, y'all eat weird stuff like poutine.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
eh??? ta loco??
I was stationed with CF troops in GE, and perhaps I may be stereotyping, but I've never seen a group of people get as tore up as my CF brethren once they began tipping.
Plus, y'all eat weird stuff like poutine.

I love poutine, especially with fresh cheese curds from Quebec, but It's definitely not good for your health to eat regularly.