No garbage pickup in over two weeks where I live.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Thats all about money.
if you won't your garbage collected you have to give them 100 -150 peso every time they collect.( because its always different guys who collect. Thats work perfectly. They will always come to your house and take your garbage. Sometimes 3 to 4 times the week.

Another way is to call one of the many private garbage collectors who take your garbage and dump it 500 meter away to somebody else. They take about 500 Peso depending how much it is.

In DR it is all about MONEY. If you live here you have to play the rules of DR

That would better read

All about Corruption

because to pay a municipal employee to do their proper job is bribery

not tipping

Here in Gazcue,, right across from the PLD, we have had our private garbage bins stolen three times BY the Ayuntamiento.. who then goes and sells them elsewhere

down two blocks. the neighbors pile up the garbage on the wall of the Episcopal Church -- underneath whose stones is buried an American priest who was killed when he tried to get word out of what was happening here under Trujillo.

It makes me sick.

Pretty soon I am going to loose it

And I am going to start taking up some of the stinking pile of garbage bags that are outside the condo on Independencia

and place them

neatly
on
the
lawn
of
the
PLD

which is where they belong

Seems that THEY should be buying Barrilles with their barrilles......

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Annie",I think that the "Time Has Come" for you and I to become,"Co-Conspiritors" in a campaign to "PROMOTE" responsibility in the ,"so called", government of this country!
As the saying goes,"I'm Mad As Hell,And I'm NOT Going To Take It ANYMORE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
We just have to wait,I'm leaving for "Civilization",(BOSTON) tomorrow,and after some time there,I,"MAY", cool down a bit!
Until I return,keep up the "GOOD FIGHT"!!!!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A society that cannot provide the basics of life will not have its laws obeyed. First, no lights, no garbage pick up, no water service. Is there anything else left that they can fail to provide? My Dom wife after living in the US for two years has decided that the DR is only good for a vacation. She likes the $ and "the chopping" just fine.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
That would better read

All about Corruption

because to pay a municipal employee to do their proper job is bribery

not tipping

Here in Gazcue,, right across from the PLD, we have had our private garbage bins stolen three times BY the Ayuntamiento.. who then goes and sells them elsewhere

down two blocks. the neighbors pile up the garbage on the wall of the Episcopal Church -- underneath whose stones is buried an American priest who was killed when he tried to get word out of what was happening here under Trujillo.

It makes me sick.

Pretty soon I am going to loose it

And I am going to start taking up some of the stinking pile of garbage bags that are outside the condo on Independencia

and place them

neatly
on
the
lawn
of
the
PLD

which is where they belong

Seems that THEY should be buying Barrilles with their barrilles......

Garbage collection is a municipal resposibility, not the national government. They do a good job of collecting in Jarabacoa; now if they could just keep the water running after it rains.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was siiting on my sister's front porch in Lynn,Massachusetts last summer,(And will be again tomorrow!) when the garbage truck came along.I heard the guys talking Spanish.Since Lynn is loaded with "Dominicanos" I asked if they were from,"Santo Domingo"?
"Claro Que Si!" was the answer.
We laughed about the "different" styles of garbage collections,and when we discussed "wages",they smiled REALLY BIG,and we all just laughed.
I guess you DO,"Get What You Pay For!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Garbage collection is a municipal resposibility, not the national government. They do a good job of collecting in Jarabacoa; now if they could just keep the water running after it rains.
The Municipal Government in Santo Domingo (DN) where MA lives is PLD. I think it's a great idea to dump it in the party HQ's front yard - it's nearer than the council offices.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
what is really quite funny is that they put up about four little brown trash recepticles on the lamp post

right around their buildings

so that when they park their SUVs on the sidewalk or up against the yellow line

well, then , they will not have to see garbage on their lawn....

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
I called the real estate office (Gutierrez) and they hung up on me. I'm going to put my garbage in the middle of the main road Sunday if this does not get resolved.

Today is Sunday !!!
I can't wait... tell meeeee.

Or did you mean another sunday:surprised

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
call it what you won't Mauntainannie, I have bigger problems here then fighting with the garbage collectors.
Many of them I can't solve because I don't have so much money to pay the bribery for solve them. If you take on your banner to fight corruption in DR well done I wish you all the best and good luck. Change what you can change, don't try to change things you can't and be wise enough to know the difference.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I hope for Trainman's sake that he took my advice and doesn't dump his trash in the street as he lives in a nice neighborhood very close to mine and will no doubt incur the wrath of his neighbors and/or the junta de vecinos. :) Los Llanos de Gurabo is an upscale subdivision here in Santiago that pays workers to keep the streets clean and the public landscaped areas trimmed.

Sometimes it's best to prepare for the inevitable inconveniences rather than do otherwise. Also, I noticed a garbage truck on the Carr. Tigaiga adjacent to his subdivision so I would expect his problem has been resolved.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
My problem still has not been resolved, I wish I knew where the Junta de Vecinos for Gurabo is so I could talk to them.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Trainman - every residencial (subdivision) has it's own junta de vecinos (neighborhood organization) so there isn't just one for Gurabo. Also, to confuse things more you nor I live in Gurabo because that's farther up the road; It's just that they named the subdivisions like this. To find out about the next meeting for the junta de vecinos ask your neighbors or go by the local club which is by the Catholic Church and look for a flier.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I was siiting on my sister's front porch in Lynn,Massachusetts last summer,(And will be again tomorrow!)

CC, you have low standards if you call Lynn, Ma. civilization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trainman, just a suggestion. Get together with all your neighbors and see if you can hire a dump truck ( just for now ) to haul the trash to the dump near Tamboril. Atleast this will give you another week to straighten out your problems with the powers to be.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
A man that my brother in law sent with a pickup truck refused to take the garbage because it was "too full of worms" according to that person. There is a meeting of the junta de vecinos going on now about the problem. The issue may be that the garbage truck keeps passing when the guy at the gate is away eating lunch, so the truck will not enter the urbanizacion then.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
@Trainwreck - light it on fire like the rest of the world, your house must stink with a month's worth of garbage, enough already, learn to pay the right people off to get things done. Bag it up and pay someone to take it away... what else do you do besides shop for Calphalon and Henkle?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Jumbo" "Civilization" has many "Levels",so does Lynn!
You have the "$hittty" section,where all the Dominican's and other losers live,then you have my sister's section!
She lives on "Flax Pond".
As we "speak",I am looking at the ducks and geese swimming by outside the living room window!
It's nice here,but so Phucking KKKKKKKKold!
I can't even sit out on the front deck long enough to finish a small cigar.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC