No more arguin......just answers please....

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
I still haven't received a clear answer to my question. I am an American, but my parents are dominican, by law at the age of 18, I am entitled to my dominican nationalisation. I am interested in finding out the diference with american kids that have dominican parents.....is it the same process....I need a cedula for a job at the american embassy.

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Thank you so much....The Dominican Republic can seem so caotic when you are coming from a military background. There is no set order or procedure. Thanks again for clearing this up.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Wait a second.........."sunshine"............."military background"......do we know you?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Tamborista said:
How's the weather in Miami?
You know that we can't discuss anything about anybody being shipped off to Nebraska.;) But it must be getting hotter there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
One teeny, tiny, itsy bitsy point here Sunshine....If you are trying for a job at the United States embassy, won't it be as a US citizen? And won't your c?dula say that you are a DOMINICAN CITIZEN?? I am not sure you can be both and so have your cake and eat it too.....Better check this out....For such a job, your c?dula had better be issued for an American...

At least that is what I would thing....for what it's worth..

HB :ermm:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Hillbilly said:
One teeny, tiny, itsy bitsy point here Sunshine....If you are trying for a job at the United States embassy, won't it be as a US citizen? And won't your c?dula say that you are a DOMINICAN CITIZEN?? I am not sure you can be both and so have your cake and eat it too.....Better check this out....For such a job, your c?dula had better be issued for an American...

At least that is what I would thing....for what it's worth..

HB :ermm:
Especially as there are two pay scales for each job. One for US citizens and one for Locals.

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Yes I understand the job ask for a us citizen with permision to work in the country.
Thank you for pointing out that I can't have both, but leagally I can use both i am born from dominican parents, so i am entitled to dual citizenship. So I might as well get this out the way. If I can just get a work permit that would be fine but I can't I believe I can get a visa, but who wants to deal with this ass backwards govt every year?