No water?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
nowater.jpg

No water here for six weeks and no delivery trucks either.

Matilda

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
We are on well ... coral Plata started sticking bill in fence this yr 106 peso month ..no one in area seems to pay it...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We’ve had nothing but well water since late 70s. Never a bill. I hope they don’t expect 40 years payments someday

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
In Bani we pay a flat fee of around 590 pesos monthly and we split that amount with the landlord so our actual cost is only 245 pesos per month.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I had the missing bills issue once. When I went to office to complain, I was flat out told it's my responsibility to pay my bill every month. If the actual bill didn't show up at my house, that was my problem, not theirs.

I asked if they could send it by email, and they said sure. From then on I got a bill every month, and paid it every month. I wouldn't be surprised if you can pay by TPAGO now.

lafiera

Apr 26, 2009
Were I am in Santiago, you pay the same no matter how much you use, fill your pool every day or not.... same bill...mine includes the garbage collection as well......

is a water meter in your house ? . water is not cheap in santiago.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
is a water meter in your house ? . water is not cheap in santiago.

...the water meter is in front of house in the sidewalk cement....never have seen anyone read it , same bill for about 3 years... but they do collect the garbage 2 times a week, love the new Mayor.........Doc......

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
...its RD $1255 per month...the bill also says sewer......
We live in Santiago and only one apt was paying for water. Everyone else thought that water was included in the rent. The guy who was paying went and reported us all to Corasaan. We got a letter saying that we had to go to head office. They told us that we were criminals and we had to go on the special criminal rate. We ended up paying 1255 with sewer too.

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
I noticed the other day that most of the pipes in my apartment building have no meter. I had to ask but apparently, there are 2 options. One, you pay a set amount every month, probably that $1,255 that Birdman mentioned. Or two, you get a meter and pay what you use. For us, the water is normally less than that set amount, so I'm ok having the meter.

Apartment across from me moved out the other week, but I think he's letting family use his apartment sometimes. So the water is still on, but normally no one is home. Funny sound, sounded like someone was hosing down the stairs...I don't know what happened but there was a lot of water coming out from under his door, going down all four floors...neighbor from below us calling me in a panic. Took 2 minutes to get downstairs (nice shower...hope the water was clean) and turn off his valve. No meter, so he got to waste hundreds of gallons for free...spent 20 minutes pushing water out of the stairs with a squeegee. Thankgfully construction here is such that no water entered our apartment, and if it did, most of our stuff woudl be fine. In the US, with a water leak like that, you would be looking at tearing out the drywall in every room, throwing out all your furniture, etc.

Manager for the apartment still didn't show up to look around, neither did apartment owner...wonder if he'll have mold when he returns.