Notaries in the DR

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My lawyer handled it.
More like he called his secretary in and said please witness and notarize this. Who is this"..she asks. OH, its JD Jones. OOOK no problem.
When you have a relationship of years this is the way it is done. I even had my lawyer in the states create a POA to sell a "specific" property while I was here in the DR. We have known each other for ever. So, there are many ways: Legal, not legal, maybe, slow, fast and whatever.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
More like he called his secretary in and said please witness and notarize this. Who is this"..she asks. OH, its JD Jones. OOOK no problem.
When you have a relationship of years this is the way it is done. I even had my lawyer in the states create a POA to sell a "specific" property while I was here in the DR. We have known each other for ever. So, there are many ways: Legal, not legal, maybe, slow, fast and whatever.
Exactly. I have also completed vehicle sales and purchases in one day from start to finish. The quicker, the better.

The reason I keep telling people to become good friends with their lawyers and others (Like bank managers). They know how to get things done.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I had a problem registering a car that I bought because the owner's signature on the bill of sale (or whatever they call it here in the DR) did not match the signature on her cedula and I could not track this person down. My girlfriend at the time took it to a notary in Puerto Plata that forged the document well enough to match the cedula signature and it was accepted. I paid the notary 1000 pesos,well I guess I should say I paid my girlfriend 1000 so the notary probably charged 500,hahaha. when I brought the documents back to Franz the insurance guy in Sosua he asked me how I pulled it off so I told him,he just rolled his eyes.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I had a problem registering a car that I bought because the owner's signature on the bill of sale (or whatever they call it here in the DR) did not match the signature on her cedula and I could not track this person down. My girlfriend at the time took it to a notary in Puerto Plata that forged the document well enough to match the cedula signature and it was accepted. I paid the notary 1000 pesos,well I guess I should say I paid my girlfriend 1000 so the notary probably charged 500,hahaha. when I brought the documents back to Franz the insurance guy in Sosua he asked me how I pulled it off so I told him,he just rolled his eyes.
Not smart move.