Nowhere to stay

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
It is very safe to travel and stay here alone, if you use your common sense and know some rules...

My version is on my blog
http://www.dr1.com/blogs/?u=planner

I live and work here and I am single. Playing tourist here can be a wonderful experience on your own or it can be aweful, depending what you want, how you act and who you associate with.

There are many awesome DR1 members who can help you out.

Kika

Feb 23, 2005
Thank you to everyone that took the time to reply!! :glasses:

I think that I am leaning more towards Sosua. I have visitied both Cabarete and Sosua beaches briefly on my previous trips with family....and from what I recall, I like Sosua beach better. (I'm not into water sports too much, besides snorkleing!)

I am going to do some research from the info that was provided, we'll see how it goes....

Also, does anyone have any information on taking the bus to Santo Domingo?? Could it be done in one day or is better to make it a overnight visit? I think I have read that the buses are called guaguas?? I have never heard that term before....Any info on this would be appreciated!! Ex: Where to catch the bus...how much does it cost etc.

Thanks again!!

Kika

Feb 23, 2005
miguel said:
Just be prepared to have many, many, many guys after you. Like flies on schit (not saying that you are, but you know what I mean).

Also, be prepared for the "I love you", "you are pretty", "I want to make babies with you", "I can not live without you".... comments.

And lets not forget about the TEARS. Oh those tears.

Bottom line, do not forget to take your common sense with you and DO NOT believe EVERYTHING that comes out of people's mouths!!!!!.

Good luck!.

Thank you for your advice Miguel.....from reading your posts on DR1 I know that you are a very knowlegable person and I will heed your advice. Besides I have been there and done that...and don't plan on doing it again!!:ermm:

Kika

Feb 23, 2005
planner said:
It is very safe to travel and stay here alone, if you use your common sense and know some rules...

My version is on my blog
http://www.dr1.com/blogs/?u=planner

I live and work here and I am single. Playing tourist here can be a wonderful experience on your own or it can be aweful, depending what you want, how you act and who you associate with.

There are many awesome DR1 members who can help you out.

Thanks planner,

I have been reading your blog.....I hope that I will stay safe like you have (mostly!), beware of the motochoncos!!! :laugh:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Kika said:
Also, does anyone have any information on taking the bus to Santo Domingo?? Could it be done in one day or is better to make it a overnight visit? I think I have read that the buses are called guaguas?? I have never heard that term before....Any info on this would be appreciated!! Ex: Where to catch the bus...how much does it cost etc.
Caribe Tour bus takes you there in comfort, in 4 1/2 to 5 hours, so a return trip in one day is not worth it.
The bus costs less than 10 bucks.
Guaguas are usually for shorter distances, as they stop everywhere and anywhere.
The Caribe Tour bus to Santo Domingo leaves from Sosua, stops in Puerto Plata, twice in Santiago, La Vega, then Santo Domingo.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Kika said:
I would not take a guagua that distance (assuming they have guaguas going that route). Guaguas are small, non-airconditioned, overcrowded, very old, and beat up. I would take a CaribeTour bus. The bus from POP to Santo Domingo takes about 4 1/2 hours and costs about RD220 (US8). They run about every hour. You can find the schedule on their website.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Eddy:
Thanks for all of your help!
For some strange reason the printer does not work in Starbucks.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The good 'ole days!

I bet their daughter's will soon be as nice!

(kept future tense to stay PC)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Tamborista said:
I bet their daughter's will soon be as nice!

(kept future tense to stay PC)
Actually, Elizabeth the one on my left flew up to Montreal for my wife's birthday party last Saturday and my wife told me she is even prettier now. Anyway, got to quit highjacking this thread. Have a nice vacation.