nurseries (plant) in dr

R

rob VanderVoort

I'm working on a large public garden (~8 acres) in the Turks and Caicos. The plant material for sale there is very limited. I'm trying to find information on nurseries in the Dominican Republic, especially the north.

R

richard slaybaugh jr

I will be traveling to puerto plata at the beginning of sept and would be happy to investigate the the availability of nurseries in the nw DR. There are many tropical plant nurseries in Puerto Rico, as well.

A

Anne-Marie

Hi Rob,

Just outside of Cabarete on the North Coast I noticed a place where you can buy all kind of garden plants. I haven't been in there, but maybe this is what you are looking for. Between Cabarete and Sabaneta.

greetings from the Netherlands

R

ralf

Hi Rob,

I?m living on the northcoast (Sosua). We have a lot of nurseries here. There are also weekly flights from Puerto Plata to TCI. Give me further information and I?ll get some prices.

D

Drake

Hi Rob,

Most of the nurseries on the North coast are expensive as the north coast is classifiesd a tourist zone. You can get better prices from "viveros" located on the outskirts of the major cities. The prices will depend on the quantity and secondly the type of plantsor trees you are interested in. You are best off sending a domininican to negociate as a tourist is always offered a higher rate.

Regards Mike