Occidental grand,Ocean blue,Sirens,IFA

sandy111

Dec 17, 2006
Ok all just got back Sunday morning from Occidental Grand.The grounds are a 10, the room is a 7, the bathroom in the rooms is a 4,the beach is like all beaches in punta cana a 10,the food a 0 six of us went and 5 got sick really bad. The staff is hit and miss some good some not.pools were clean. Over all this resort needs to do something about the food its the same thing everyday and like i said we got really sick, and werent the only ones,there were alot of people that had a hard time with the food and were sick. Maid were good. Now for the 4 resorts that i have been to in the past 5 yrs there this is how i rank them. sirens 4* rank #1 we loved it there, IFA 3plus* really liked it there food was the best here, also beach activities were great, only down side is lobby is small and no nightly entertainment there, in the lobby i mean. Occidental and ocean Blue are a toss up for third, ocean blue is much newer but very boring and fodd was ok,But occidental food sucked beach was alot nicer grounds were way prettier but a older resort. so in rating id say they even out to me. if u need anymore info just ask hope this helps.

Redtop

Mar 19, 2007
We will be staying at the Occidental Flamenco Punta Cana. Is this the same one you stayed at? The food and getting sick has me very worried.

moto

Sep 21, 2006
occidental grand

I also got sick but thought it might have been due to the sewage issues (and lobby toilets that didn't flush...ugh....all kinds of bacteria flying around) more so than the food. I was there from March 10 -17 and got sick on day 2 and lasted all week long. thank god for immodium.

Redtop

Mar 19, 2007
Wow, I thought that they just refurbished the resort. Note to self: bring lots of immodium and pepto bismol! I read somewhere else that it could be due to sewage problems.

Last edited: