Ochoa Delivery "Service"

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have no disagreement with anything the OP said other than the blanket statement that NOONE should EVER use Ochoa's delivery, which they later acknowledged should have been simply that they would not ever use it again themselves.

As far as not using the delivery service because 90% reliability is not adequate bbatista, all I can say is.........................?????? If you can't haul it yourself, then you will need delivery, and if you know a Dominican vendor whos delivery service is more than 90% reliable, I'm sure we would ALL like to hear about it!!:bunny:
Your desire to be fair and just is admirable and it tells me that you deserve to be respected. I respectfully suggest that my 9 out of ten example might be overly generous and I also suggest that the consequences of being part of the 10% are too grave and costly to be willing to trust them with delivering my purchases. Would you be willing to use an ATM if you knew that it only worked properly 90% of the time and that it would cost you money time and aggravation if you landed up in that other part the losing 10%?

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
It has been a long and trying process, but the last of our order was finally delivered at 5PM today.

The last kerfuffle of only receiving 4 tiles instead of 4 boxes of tile was because of a typo on the invoice that was printed for the delivery yesterday. We had to scan & email them the invoices that we had (which were carbon copies of the ones they had) to verify that we were not lying about missing 4 boxes instead of 4 tiles (even though the 4 missing BOXES were talked about in every phone call leading up to the delivery yesterday).

You can have 10 good experiences....but it's not IF this will happen to you....it's only a matter of WHEN. One of the better run businesses in DR?? Riiiiiiiiight!

This is my last delivery from Ochoa!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'm glad it's all over for you. A few months down the line & you'll be laughing about this experience - a bit like us saying we'd never build a house...:cheeky:

I probably have a deep seated prejudice that if I can't pick the item up & hump it myself, then I'm probably not going to get it. Biggest problem we've experienced is the delivery people come to the area but they can't find the house, so they give up & go away. And really we're not that difficult to find. Got that one hacked now - when we know they're in the vicinity we drive out, lie in wait, ambush and then lead them on a safari through all of 2 streets to the correct location...

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Lambada,
I can do one better. We were setting up cable service for a client who bought a villa here in Sosua. The company met us at the house and filled in the paper work and took the deposit money. Told us they did not have the equipment to install, but would send someone tomorrow. We went up and waited for them to show up the next day. When they did not show and we called them we were told (and I an not kidding) "we went to install but could not find the house" I mean come one they could find it to get money, but not to install. You should know the house is well marked and required 1 (one) turn off the main road to get to it.

Bob K

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm glad it's all over for you. A few months down the line & you'll be laughing about this experience - a bit like us saying we'd never build a house...:cheeky:

I probably have a deep seated prejudice that if I can't pick the item up & hump it myself, then I'm probably not going to get it. Biggest problem we've experienced is the delivery people come to the area but they can't find the house, so they give up & go away. And really we're not that difficult to find. Got that one hacked now - when we know they're in the vicinity we drive out, lie in wait, ambush and then lead them on a safari through all of 2 streets to the correct location...
LOL!

How true...

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
I probably have a deep seated prejudice that if I can't pick the item up & hump it myself, then I'm probably not going to get it.

Yep! But our order was more than we could hump.....I see a Daihatsu in our future.....;)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
No-Name Ferreteria Delivery Vehicle?

Lumber-Car-A.jpg

overloaded-car.jpg

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
It has been a long and trying process, but the last of our order was finally delivered at 5PM today.

The last kerfuffle of only receiving 4 tiles instead of 4 boxes of tile was because of a typo on the invoice that was printed for the delivery yesterday. We had to scan & email them the invoices that we had (which were carbon copies of the ones they had) to verify that we were not lying about missing 4 boxes instead of 4 tiles (even though the 4 missing BOXES were talked about in every phone call leading up to the delivery yesterday).

You can have 10 good experiences....but it's not IF this will happen to you....it's only a matter of WHEN. One of the better run businesses in DR?? Riiiiiiiiight!

This is my last delivery from Ochoa!

I heard in the radio that Ferreteria Ochoa fired over 100 employees past week just in Santiago trying to reduce their budget.
Things are getting worse every day more?.

JJ