Opening bank account

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The issue in RD is easier if you residency - as I understand it.

Any country is diffcult for non residents... in many areas...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can go to different branches of the same bank and get different requirements from each branch. And in the same branch you can get different requirements from different people at different times. Do some legwork and you will get your account.

Michi313

Feb 22, 2019
I went to Banco Popular and the list of requirements to open a bank account was ridiculously long. Passport, Social Security card, another form of Id, like a license, a letter of reference from your usual bank, a credit and commercial reference letter, 2 letters of reference from Dominican nationals, income tax information, letter of reference from my employer and a copy of my business license of you are a business owner. They had a couple more things I can't recall right now.

I then went to Santa Cruz where only a reference letter from bank, an ID and a reference from a Dominican was required - done right there and then

Opening an account in the US is definitely not this onerous

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I went to Banco Popular and the list of requirements to open a bank account was ridiculously long. Passport, Social Security card, another form of Id, like a license, a letter of reference from your usual bank, a credit and commercial reference letter, 2 letters of reference from Dominican nationals, income tax information, letter of reference from my employer and a copy of my business license of you are a business owner. They had a couple more things I can't recall right now.

I then went to Santa Cruz where only a reference letter from bank, an ID and a reference from a Dominican was required - done right there and then

Santa Cruz I’ve had no problems 7 yrs , with their online system I pay all my bills online and answer emails quickly...Popular is nightmare wanted my tax records from Canada first born kidney blah blah...

Sep 4, 2012

Ridiculous - that's exactly what that is, and do they accomplish anything other than wasting your time by gathering all these documents?

Nothing!

My BP go up just by even thinking about the minute I need to interact or deal with a Dominican bank, even if it just entail the use of my ATM card.

Talk about ludicrous system.