option for getting from santo domingo to puerto plata

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Was this hotel taken over or changed management? Very good reviews previous to late 2010. Late 2010-present, awful reviews. Sometimes that happens with new management. When did you last stay there?

SHALENA

I can't speak to the new reviews - I was there a couple of years ago.

Sorry if I mislead you..

Sh*t happens

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
How did you get my description? You stalking gringos?
LOL.....this is the only part of going to resorts and hotels that I don't like. Obvious and blatant prostitution.

I can't speak to the new reviews - I was there a couple of years ago.

Sorry if I mislead you..

Sh*t happens
You didn't mislead me, you recommended it based on your experience. Not your fault it went downhill in the last year or so...we're cool.

Shalena is rich, plus she deserves the best.

Truer words were never spoken (2nd half, I'm not rich but dammit I deserve the best)

SHALENA

P.S.
Anybody been to Courtyard Santo Domingo recently? How is it?

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
The courtyard was ok it's near the US consulate also down the street is mc donalds ,pizza hut,etc
The El Embajador is nice except those damm parakeets in the trees ,it will hit your pockets also

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
There are no flights from Santo Domingo Las Americas Aeropuerta to Puerta Plata. As people have suggested your best bet would be to hire a driver and large van that would hold all of you. It is a least a 3.5 hr trip to your hotel. Depending on when your flight arrives consider this a view of the country. You might want to communicate with your hotel and see if they can arrange transportation for you.

S