Ought you to be CERTIFIED????

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
You'll pay me DOUBLE at least ............... your FedoGolf card has just been delivered to me & you have GOT to owe me a beer or two for being away so long!!!:pirate: :cheeky: :surprised

Look forward to renewing the old chat lines Sat - have responded to your PM already! ~ G.:chinese:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Grahame, will these guys be able to help me with THIS technique?

It's all my club's fault...;)

:cheeky:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Grahame, will these guys be able to help me with THIS technique?

It's all my club's fault...;)

:cheeky:
Thanks for the question CB. At this moment neither of 'the lads' have this knowledge in their arsenal - they keep spouting words like "Respect for golf equipment" & "Controlling of your temper"!! ALL the usual B.S from the 'St. Andrews crowd' who know nothing about how we mere mortals get frustrated on the course!:paranoid:!

I am pleased to advise that this IS one session on the training schedule (Thursday afternoon as I recall) & is preceeded by the session called 'How to control your temper for a free throwing motion' ;) ! We ARE looking for students to teach the following day so if you want to partake - just let me know!!

The whole element of Golf Club Throwing might be relevent right now as I am told the Playa Grande course is to close for upgrading from sometime the end of Easter (maybe May time) for a twelve month period. :eek:gre: If you need another 'Round with Bush & friends at Playa Grande', NOW is the time to apply for tickets!! If this is to be your last round at Playa Grande, a ceremonial club throwing ceremony will be held at the end of the round with a US $100 prize to anyone landing their clubs on (& knocking out of) the black small sharks presently feeding below the 8th & 9th fairways!!

Seems that we may JUST be in time to get Luis certificated before he has to look for another job!! Now, even more than before, donations to assist these lads improve their chances of obtaining more upmarket positions, would be greatly received :cheeky: ~ Grahame.

Aug 21, 2007
I just spoke to the Pro Shop at Playa Grande and got some conflicting information. If it is true, it is good news.

I was told that only nine holes of the course are scheduled to be closed in the upcoming time. They plan on doing upgrades. I was told that the back nine holes would remain open. (When I told them that I heard that the entire course was going to close, they laughed at me and said that they wouldn't do that!)

When the upgrades of the front nine are finished, they will then close the back nine for upgrades and reopen the front nine.

They thought it might take about a year to complete all work.

I hope that this information is correct, for all you golf enthusiasts!!!

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Lindsay, this is great news. I was told the same information this morning before my round. Wednesday they had told us the whole course is closing, today 9 holes at a time. Hope this is correct as it would be a shame not to be able to go to "heaven" for more than a year while they are repairing it..tom

I just spoke to the Pro Shop at Playa Grande and got some conflicting information. If it is true, it is good news.

I was told that only nine holes of the course are scheduled to be closed in the upcoming time. They plan on doing upgrades. I was told that the back nine holes would remain open. (When I told them that I heard that the entire course was going to close, they laughed at me and said that they wouldn't do that!)

When the upgrades of the front nine are finished, they will then close the back nine for upgrades and reopen the front nine.

They thought it might take about a year to complete all work.

I hope that this information is correct, for all you golf enthusiasts!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Lindsay, this is great news. I was told the same information this morning before my round. Wednesday they had told us the whole course is closing, today 9 holes at a time. Hope this is correct as it would be a shame not to be able to go to "heaven" for more than a year while they are repairing it..tom
Good news indeed if it turns out to be true. Having been told by TW it was to close "After Easter" last Wednesday whilst playing, then checking with the club pro AFTER the game we found it was supposedly "sometime in May ....... maybe" to hear that it is now just 9 holes at a time would be extremely good news.

Let us HOPE that the right hand is aware of what the left hand is doing & it DOES turn out to be only nine holes at a time!! See you down there guys!! ~ Grahame.
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:;):bunny::bunny::bunny:

Aug 21, 2007
Nine holes at a time really does seem to make better business sense. And that is typically what clubs that I know of have done in the past in the US.

I am no golfer....just the resident coach. But I am happy for all you avid fans. I would hate to have to see you give up one of your courses for a year.

Now, let's just hope that this news is true!

Lindsey

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Herewith the update!!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed donations to this worthy cause. In the final analysis we received some US $900. A GREAT response. I will not list names as many asked for anonymity & I want to respect that. Let us just say they are my nearest & dearest, close friends & some good golfing buddies!!

Luis (asst. golf pro at Playa Grande) regrettably decided to 'PULL OUT' two days after I had organised things & as HE was the one the programme had been organised round (date, location etc) this was a bind & caused some fairly major alterations to the plans already set in motion. Fortunately we got a very worthy (& responsible) replacement for him 3 weeks before the course commenced - now at the Playa Dorada complex!! This meant I did not have to go back to school & prove what a dunce I am at learning - THANKS Peter!!

So, the expected cost per person went down from US $2,450 each (after heavy negotiation by me) to a more acceptable US $2,000 per person. Was this money well spent?? I believe so because as I watched some of the lessons, I could see bolts of lightening hitting the students & light bulb moments happening ........... but I hope this question might be answered here by one or more of the students in the near future. Certainly Playa Dorada Golf course is anxious to be involved more closely with the European Golf Teachers Federation in the future as they are planning additional courses later this year PLUS getting some form of ACADEMY set up featuring the EGTF.

Did the students pass the course?????

:bunny::bunny:;)YES!! ;):cheeky::cheeky:
We now have two QUALIFIED golf teachers in the country & BOTH are working on the North Coast. Watch this space for further announcements all you golfers - Peter & Ramon will be ready to help you get the lower scores we all crave!!
(Photos of the presentations will follow shortly when the Master Teacher (Bill Abbott) gets back to the UK on Wednesday & then downloads them to me!)

Again - Thanks to everyone who supported this inaugural Golf Teachers Course!! ~ Grahame.

Last edited:

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Thanks to everyone who contributed donations to this worthy cause. In the final analysis we received some US $900. A GREAT response. I will not list names as many asked for anonymity & I want to respect that. Let us just say they are my nearest & dearest, close friends & some good golfing buddies!!

Luis (asst. golf pro at Playa Grande) regrettably decided to 'PULL OUT' two days after I had organised things & as HE was the one the programme had been organised round (date, location etc) this was a bind & caused some fairly major alterations to the plans already set in motion. Fortunately we got a very worthy (& responsible) replacement for him 3 weeks before the course commenced - now at the Playa Dorada complex!! This meant I did not have to go back to school & prove what a dunce I am at learning - THANKS Peter!!

So, the expected cost per person went down from US $2,450 each (after heavy negotiation by me) to a more acceptable US $2,000 per person. Was this money well spent?? I believe so because as I watched some of the lessons, I could see bolts of lightening hitting the students & light bulb moments happening ........... but I hope this question might be answered here by one or more of the students in the near future. Certainly Playa Dorada Golf course is anxious to be involved more closely with the European Golf Teachers Federation in the future as they are planning additional courses later this year PLUS getting some form of ACADEMY set up featuring the EGTF.

Did the students pass the course?????

:bunny::bunny:;)YES!! ;):cheeky::cheeky:
We now have two QUALIFIED golf teachers in the country & BOTH are working on the North Coast. Watch this space for further announcements all you golfers - Peter & Ramon will be ready to help you get the lower scores we all crave!!
(Photos of the presentations will follow shortly when the Master Teacher (Bill Abbott) gets back to the UK on Wednesday & then downloads them to me!)

Again - Thanks to everyone who supported this inaugural Golf Teachers Course!! ~ Grahame.

Congratulations Peter and Ramon. I'm ready for my free lessons now PETER...tom

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Fotos

Tom, hope you can share some fotos of your weekend with the big boyz in Cap Cana volunteering?
Great news about Playa Grande and hope it holds true.
Grahame, do you mean Peter, or Pete the Canadian who participated? Salt and pepper hair with a mustache?
Golf on!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Grahame, do you mean Peter, or Pete the Canadian who participated? Salt and pepper hair with a mustache?
Golf on!
I mean Peter AKA Pete (in Britain this is an abbreviation for Peter!:cheeky:!:bunny:)!! He is the one you chatted to at the golf course last week whilst you were playing hookey from work (AGAIN)!!;)

Tom:
1st principle of the course was to establish NO FREE lessons for people younger than Pete (Peter) & I:cheeky::cheeky: He IS open for business though & after a hard session with him myself during the course (the ONLY way he would allow me one free) I can really vouch for his expertise. Your back will probably come down with serious cramps the following day from excessive work in a new swing plane as mine has done, but the instruction is valid & very good!!

Did you know he now teaches LEFT handed?? :surprised :bunny::bunny: ~ Grahame.