Out and about defense ideas.

May 5, 2007
Well, unfortunately many things that may be logical in US Law will come across as different to you, but you are wrong. For one, if anyone is shot in the UK then it is a big deal as people are not permitted to carry arms for self defense. So if anyone shoots another person, it is automatically, intent to endanger life, 'attempted murder' at least.
There are no homes in the UK that have a gun for protection.
It is illegal to own a firearm for the purposes of self defense, classed as 'possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life'. You shouldn't have one and the only way you could ever get off is if you were shot first, but you would still do time for 'intent to endanger life by the pure fact you had the gun.
So even if you have a license and a gun in the home, in the security holding that you must legally have, you are not allowed to use it to fire on anyone. Like I say the only giving chance is if you are shot first then they will show a little ease. It is a senseless law, but in UK, all guns are for sport purposes only, and shotguns are farmers tools for vermin control, kept under the same tight legislation.

I'm still confused: You say if I legally own a gun for hunting purposes (I prefer ole Bess, my 10 gauge goose Gun) and you break into my home wearing your black Ninja outfit with crossed swords and a Kalashnikov, I'm going to jail or at least be charged with a crime for putting a couple of 3.5 inch magnums in your belly while you stand in my living room aiming your assault rifle at me while my wife and children are cowering behind me?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
i'm still confused: You say if i legally own a gun for hunting purposes (i prefer ole bess, my 10 gauge goose gun) and you break into my home wearing your black ninja outfit with crossed swords and a kalashnikov, i'm going to jail or at least be charged with a crime for putting a couple of 3.5 inch magnums in your belly while you stand in my living room aiming your assault rifle at me while my wife and children are cowering behind me?

lmao :) :)

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I'm still confused: You say if I legally own a gun for hunting purposes (I prefer ole Bess, my 10 gauge goose Gun) and you break into my home wearing your black Ninja outfit with crossed swords and a Kalashnikov, I'm going to jail or at least be charged with a crime for putting a couple of 3.5 inch magnums in your belly while you stand in my living room aiming your assault rifle at me while my wife and children are cowering behind me?

Did you not read my links?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
British farmer, jailed for shooting burglar, seeks better self-defence laws for UK - THR

Tony Martin (farmer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1999, Martin, a bachelor, was living alone at his farmhouse in Emneth Hungate, Norfolk, nicknamed Bleak House, which he inherited at age 35 from his uncle.<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup> He claimed to have been burgled a total of ten times, losing ?6,000 worth of furniture. Martin also complained about police inaction over the burglaries. The police reports state that multiple items and furniture were stolen such as dinnerware and a grandfather clock.
On 23 August 1999, Martin was charged with the murder of Barras, the attempted murder of Fearon, "wounding with intent to cause injury" to Fearon, and "possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life".<sup id="cite_ref-timeline_2-3" class="reference">[3]</sup>

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
All you need is a really good pen.

Cross Townsend Sterling Silver Ballpoint Pen

In a pinch it will find an eye, throat (left side-carotid), navel, groin (side-femoral), shoulder (front collarbone area), thigh (inside-femoral), temple, etc. etc. etc.

...and they make great a conversation piece as well. My point is that unless your attacker is close enough to push the threat aside long enough to execute a lethal intrusion then you can probably avoid deadly force and just give them whatever it is they want. I have never carried enough money to buy a life back. By the time you load a bow or crossbow it's all over. A guy who knows that you carry a sidearm will seek to kill/ disable you before you spot him. A hammer will, however make someone pull their arm back out of your vehicle but a bat? C'mon Man.