Over 30 days your passport is blocked.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes - certainly that's true...

But when you're cleaning the garbage can..... clean it

Solving the root of the problem will solve all the resulting problems...

And what exactly is the root of the problem anyway?

Last edited:

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
The last two times (last year and year before) I exited by paying discounted fee (okay, my bad, but dear immigration officials were so keen to pocket the money, so who am I to argue....!).

In fact the last time after discounted payment, the officer wanted to get rid of me so quick, he took me to a kiosk which was already serving another person, throw my passport at the other guy, he just stamped it without scanning it or putting it through the computer or looking at it. I was pretty worried I will have problem on the way back...

But no problem at all, never have, just Bien Venido and Buen Dia - nice people these immigration guys at POP. Never this blocking etc. as far as I could tell, as I mentioned they never even put mine through the scanner on occasions and specially the last time (which was last year), will see this year.

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
Exactly. No longer can the traveler fold some cash in their passport and be passed through. The individual immigration guy or gal can’t unlock it. Has to be done at the overstay counter. We didn’t know that, after we paid my overstay we proceeded to the regular line, only to have to wait while someone came over and took Mr AEs passport to unlock it.

Part of the fight against corruption will have to be teaching people not to bribe a bureaucrat. Just pay the stupid fee.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I flew out of POP last Friday. After going thru security, I held my residence card outside of my passport so it could be seen by the passport "expediter" that is usually at the end of the security check. She asked if I was a resident (dah?) and pointed to the 1st agent on the right. Went thru in a breeze with no checking or any delay at all.

So don't know what is really happening. Maybe showing my residence status before getting into a line did something?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Mom CB left Santiago Wednesday moring after her 6-month stay to go to the states for a week. She will return to the DR.

She said no issues at all with immigration when leaving. Paid her RD$4000 as usual and passed through with zero issues.

We will see what happens when the old girl returns in 10 days. With a treasure trove of Jimmy Dean bulk and Publix Italian sausage. :)
Mom CB arrived in STI last night after 10 days in FL. She had no issues at all going through immigration.