Palma Sola - Truth or Fiction

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Those Fiesta de Palos drums creep me out, they do that a lot where we live, and come next door to us often because one of the young women there goes into some sort of trance.

Is all that connected to Papa Liborio??????

It is not really a trance in my opinion. They get really posessed by a demon if you believe in that (I do because of family experiences). Even without the drums it happens , in fact just two weeks ago here in the campo during a funeral a woman got "montada" and even took the voice of her brother in law.
Something similor happened here when celebrating la virgen two years ago. I cooked for about 35 people and noticed the ambiance changing untill a woman got montada. Didn't like and don't like the virgen the altagracia, it's sinister with a lot of drunken people and that praying to an image.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: windeguy

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
papa%2Bliborio.jpg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It is not really a trance in my opinion. They get really posessed by a demon if you believe in that (I do because of family experiences). Even without the drums it happens , in fact just two weeks ago here in the campo during a funeral a woman got "montada" and even took the voice of her brother in law.
Something similor happened here when celebrating la virgen two years ago. I cooked for about 35 people and noticed the ambiance changing untill a woman got montada. Didn't like and don't like the virgen the altagracia, it's sinister with a lot of drunken people and that praying to an image.

Here they claim they're praying to Saint Anthony, but a couple of days ago they had a Fiesta del Palo on the far/back side of our property, and my husband was listening to them. They were calling on the devil too. Spooky stuff

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Did anyone see this movie?
Is it worth the search?