Parking in Punta Cana - long term

TravelOverSky

Dec 30, 2023
Domican Republic
Hello!

In few months I will back for a while (like 3-4 weeks to my country), unfortunately my flight is from Punta Cana.

Previously, I always flew from Santo Domingo and I left my car there at the airport, but these parking prices in Punta Cana are ridiculous. Do you know maybe about some safe parking in this area? I tried to find something on Google, but as you know, most businesses here don't even have a website. I was thinking about Blue Mall but don't feeling cofortable to let my car with personall stuff there for such long time.

I'm also considering leaving the car in Santo Domingo and coming from Punta Cana later, but the flight arrives at such an hour that, of course, there is no bus left...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Hello!

In few months I will back for a while (like 3-4 weeks to my country), unfortunately my flight is from Punta Cana.

Previously, I always flew from Santo Domingo and I left my car there at the airport, but these parking prices in Punta Cana are ridiculous. Do you know maybe about some safe parking in this area? I tried to find something on Google, but as you know, most businesses here don't even have a website. I was thinking about Blue Mall but don't feeling cofortable to let my car with personall stuff there for such long time.

I'm also considering leaving the car in Santo Domingo and coming from Punta Cana later, but the flight arrives at such an hour that, of course, there is no bus left...
So we have never left our car in PUJ, but in POP and went with a bus... Perfect solution for us... So if possible, I would just leave your car where it normally is and taking the bus. For the flight back, yes, the last buses depart for SDQ rather early, and even with the Condor from FRA you cannot make it... We got a relative of my wife to come pick us up from the airport, but before my wife was able to arrange that, we did consider booking hotel in Bavaro just for the night...

Managed garages also do exist, but I do not know any locations in the capital nor can I recommend one...

Reactions: TravelOverSky

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Do you know maybe about some safe parking in this area?

PUJ airport has decent long-term parking...not sure about the prices.... nearby hotels might help, depending on who and when you ask. I checked with a manager here from Santiago who often travels from PUJ to Sao Paulo...for weeks ..sometimes months ...he suggested airport parking or a hotel. The area is relatively safe. He said he's done the Blue Mall thing but only for a short while ...so why not come early and see for yourself ?

Many years ago, I was supposed to fly from Santo Domingo, but the airline mistakenly booked my departure from Punta Cana. 😖Furious, I left Santo Domingo three days early to avoid missing my flight. Highways weren't built then.

Arrived in PUJ, frustrated....checked into a hotel....explored Punta Cana....fell in love with the place .....met my now-wife......and the rest is history....three kids, several businesses, and nearly two decades later.🥵😅

Moral of the story: If you're flying from Punta Cana, arrive a couple of days early; you might find your parking spot.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
PUJ airport has decent long-term parking...not sure about the prices.... nearby hotels might help, depending on who and when you ask. I checked with a manager here from Santiago who often travels from PUJ to Sao Paulo...for weeks ..sometimes months ...he suggested airport parking or a hotel. The area is relatively safe. He said he's done the Blue Mall thing but only for a short while ...so why not come early and see for yourself ?

Many years ago, I was supposed to fly from Santo Domingo, but the airline mistakenly booked my departure from Punta Cana. 😖Furious, I left Santo Domingo three days early to avoid missing my flight. Highways weren't built then.

Arrived in PUJ, frustrated....checked into a hotel....explored Punta Cana....fell in love with the place .....met my now-wife......and the rest is history....three kids, several businesses, and nearly two decades later.🥵😅

Moral of the story: If you're flying from Punta Cana, arrive a couple of days early; you might find your parking spot.
PUJ long term parking is 750 pesos for the first day then 750 per day which is really expensive for here. I am thinking of a trip to the UK in July and PUJ has the only direct flight to the UK and I was looking at the parking costs. It would cost me U$180 to park the car for two weeks whereas 2 weeks parking in Santiago airport would cost U$56 (650 pesos for the first day and 200 pesos per day). I live in Cabarete and last year I flew to the UK from POP via Zurich but this year I need a direct flight and so for this reason I need to drive to PUJ.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Hello!

Hi, TOS.

Have you solved this yet? If not, maybe we could work something out with my English speaking Haitian kid. He drives good and we might be able to park your car at our place while you're gone. Let me know if interested. I can send you a picture of our neighborhood and gate if need be, just not on here because I can't upload anything.

TravelOverSky

Dec 30, 2023
Domican Republic
Hello,

thank you for your advies. For now I don't resolove it, still thinking what to do and how to fix it. Parking in Punta Cana is suuuper expenisve, was looking for some other parking but didn't find. I was make same caluclations and is cheaper to taxe private taxi from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo (about 150-180$) and let car on aiport in SDQ than stay in Punta Cana. I need to let car about 30 days (so a bit long time).

The only problem is that I found the best prices from Punta Cana to Europe, but never expect that parking is so expenisve there. Normally I also let car in Santiago or SDQ

Thank you @NanSanPedro for propostion, will think about it, but I don't have house in DR and letting in car all my stuff so prefering parking at secured parking lot. WIll think about it and what to do, in the worst case I will let on Punta Cana and pay like 400$ for parking :(

Reactions: NanSanPedro