Party suggestions please

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Keep throwing them at me! (suggestions that is)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Only 1 dominican will be there and we are in England (check the first post) so unfortunately i can't get hold of any presidente or brugal. I wish i could though. My 'stash' from the last vacation has ran out.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
how about tropical decorations? those 6ft tall cardboard palm trees or the blownup kind. They're cheap.

Most theme parties have some edibles that LOOK the part. You could have a cake made in the shape of a dominican house (tall like a small wedding cake) Show baker a color picture of one. That would wow them.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Party suggestions

Tired_boy,

What about some bachata? and if they can't dance it show them how. Merengue is good but you would need to change the rhythm from time to time.

I liked Cris' repsonse about cutting the electricity in the building. Hilarious!

tired_boy said:
On the 27th i am having a Dominican themed party in 'wet n windy england' for some friends of mine, who are made up of..........

a) A dominican who is over here (he married one of my friends)
b) People who have already been to the DR
c) People who are going to the DR this year

What suggestions could you come up with for me to make this an interesting experience for all?

I have got a fair bit of merengue music because we are going to be dancing most of the night.
I will be providing PLENTY of rum (not brugal barcelo etc unfortunately)
I have downloaded a few pictures of the DR which i will be printing off and putting on the walls of our 'merengue room'.

What else can you suggest?
Thanks