peanut

Status
Not open for further replies.

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Hi all

Does anyone know how to say peanut in dominican spanish? My brother in law is allergic to peanuts and going on a vacation down there, we would like to know how to say it so we can make sure he does not end up eating some.

Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
mahn knee is the pronunciation. No mah knee por favor.

If this applies to cashews also ( I suppose it does)...those are called cajuiles

Pronounced: kah whee les

They are not used much in Dominican cooking so I do not imagine you will have much of a problem.
However:
You might enquire about cooking oil, since there is some peanut oil used in a lot of the more popular cooking oils here.

HB

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
might be a good idea to tell him to inspect any salads that are set before him. There's dulce de maní that some people eat like a dessert.
And oh.....If he meets any chicas make sure THEY haven't been eating any peanuts. Have a wonderful time.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi all

Does anyone know how to say peanut in dominican spanish? My brother in law is allergic to peanuts and going on a vacation down there, we would like to know how to say it so we can make sure he does not end up eating some.

Thanks
Adding to HB's response, if he has any medication he can take should this happen, have him bring some along. (Just in case)

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
thanks to all.

We were worried about the cooking oil as Hilliby mentionned. Not to worried about chicas since he is going on a vacation with my sister, his fiancee. :paranoid:

Status
Not open for further replies.