Pedir un credito hipotecario en bhd

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
This is a huge BS that's going on at Dominican banks right now. Supposedly now they don't extend credit to people who live outside the country. My story is that I had taken a loan with Banco Popular - with my property as collateral - which I promptly paid. Last year I attempted to renew that same loan (same property, etc...) so after having to submit all the documentation anew, including my credit history from The US and a new appraisal of the property (which is now worth almost 50% more than last time), etc and after waiting about three months I get a denial on the grounds that the bank has changed its policy and they're not extending credit to people who live outside The DR (never mind that the amount of money I was trying to borrow was not even 25% of the value of the property). I was fuming, not because they didn't approve the loan but because they made me waste all this time even though they supposedly have this new policy in place.

I honestly don't understand the reason for denial when you're putting as a collateral a property that's worth two or three times what you're borrowing. Anyhow Banco Popular just lost most of my business due to this BS...

Remember, the banks are not stupid. They know for a fact that there is a huge house bubble in Dominican Republic. At this moment they are afraid about investing their money in real state. I would not blame them.

ESPA?A

May 3, 2010
[QUOTE = Chip; 854487] ya rindese, banco Otro Busque de. [/ Quote]

ya me busque otro...............gracias, solo intentaba comentar un problema que por lo que he escuchado es generalizado.