Permanent Residency Timeline

CheriC

Dec 6, 2008
Has anyone changed from temporary to permanent who still gets a paycheck or consults outside the DR ( no pension, not retired)? What option did you choose for the classification and what kind of documentation did you provide to show you fit that category?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
An update on my permanent residency. Apparently, mine is ready and I just need an appointment to go pick it up. Glad this process is on the home stretch.
Presumably, your cedula has been out of date since last May. Has this given you any problems - for example with your bank?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Lindsay, I am waiting for the appointment to go to SD also, my page reads under medicall "in process" so this will be the last stop. And then don't have to deal with it for 4 years.

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

MrRiley

Feb 6, 2007
Lindsey, just an update from my previous post if it's of any help ; Yesterday I went to Santo Domingo and received my Permanent Residencia for the next 4 years. As my Solicitor had said, the appointment was about 2-3 weeks after having my medical. She had made all the necessary paperwork in the Puerto Plata Office. We had recieved a previous email stating a 13.15 appointment . From the time of arrival at 10.45 we were seen virtually immediately ; done, dusted and away in about 45 minutes !.
Next to the Office to renew my Cedula. A few more people there. This took a little longer probably about an hour. The Fee to renew for a 4 year period was 5000 peso. What I was not prepared for was an additional charge of 1000 pesos per month from the July expiry date until yesterdays date .. another 5000 pesos ! Was pointless trying to argue that the delays were not my fault !!! Others were clearly caught out by the same practice. One old couple just walked out seemingly not having insufficient funds to pay this "fine"
aaeng did you do your medical in PP? Trying not to have to make two trips to renew my IDs. TIA

Aug 21, 2007
aaeng did you do your medical in PP? Trying not to have to make two trips to renew my IDs. TIA
The first time I went to SD to submit my documents and pay, I went directly to a clinic there and had the medical tests done. Then I had to return to pick up my visa and cedula when they were ready. Both trips were quick. In and out in less than an hour.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Last time I did it -And my wife - that was the routine

Straight to the clinic - await the results - return to finalize.... not hard
but still 2 trips !!!
Used to be one..........