Permiso Temporal de Trabajo

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Working with an attorney, I invested a fair amount of time and money in obtaining a Permiso Temporal de Trabajo, which I was told was the same as temporary provisional residencia. It expired on June 14, 2020, and due to the state of emergency in the country, I was unable to go to Puerto Plata or the Capital to address the expiration. What's next?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
What does your attorney say? Not to sound harsh, but you stated you invested a fair amount of time and money with them in this process, would it not be prudent to consult with them?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
What does your attorney say? Not to sound harsh, but you stated you invested a fair amount of time and money with them in this process, would it not be prudent to consult with them?

She is extremely health-compromised and the second there was a whisper about COVID, her family isolated her to the top of some remote mountain, I think. It's worth a shot to see if anybody can get a message to her.

Reactions: Caonabo

CJL56

Mar 21, 2020
I am in a similar situation, any advice or news about how to resolve this situation would be greatly appreciated and I will do the same on this forum.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
She is extremely health-compromised and the second there was a whisper about COVID, her family isolated her to the top of some remote mountain, I think. It's worth a shot to see if anybody can get a message to her.

Apologies, I did not see that this was submitted to the Legal Forum, which has particular rules. The proper voice within should be able to assist you.

MelAlcantara

Mar 14, 2019
The process to renew your temporary residency is similar to a regular one. Your application must be submitted by the Immigration system and wait for the appointment to receive the card (this takes around 20 working days). You will not be able to renew by simply visiting the office. General documents required include: front picture, criminal record, immigration policy and work letter (because you have a labor residency permit). Please have in mind that they will charge you a monthly penalty of US$10.00 for each month that passes without renewing (after July 14th).

Please do not hesitate to contact us is you have any questions at malcantara@drlawyer.com, we will be glad to assist you with the renewal.

Reactions: CynthiaCom