Permission Denied

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Ministry of the Interior and Police denies authorization for Haitian diaspora march.

The Ministry of the Interior and Police has denied authorizing the march planned for Saturday the 15th by the Haitian diaspora in the eastern part of the country.
Vice Minister Juan Manuel Rosario emphasized that the Ministry firmly upholds its immigration policy in line with current regulations. These regulations prohibit the presence of foreigners who are not compliant with the law and the Constitution.

Rosario stated that attempting to coerce the Dominican State through marches or other forms of protest to disregard its immigration policies and laws is counterproductive to social peace, citizen security, and public order in the Dominican Republic. He noted that such actions would violate Law No. 285-04 on migration and necessitate the Ministry of the Interior and Police to enforce article 122, paragraph 1 of the Immigration Law.

He reminded that neither foreigners nor nationals advocating for these positions are permitted to engage in activities within the national territory that contravene internal regulations or the broader principles of international law.

Source: Dominican Today

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Protecting the homeland from outsiders (or "newcomers", if you're so inclined). Along with photo ID when voting, another novel concept!

Reactions: cavok

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If only more countries would adopt this no bullshit stance. If you don't like where YOU choose to move then leave. Don't let the immigration turnstile hit you on the butt on the way out. If it was so great in your home country please go back and quit trying to change the rest of us. If it's that horrible in your home country, don't protest here, go back there to fight and protest

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The big question is where is the money comes from for the shirts, the banners, etc. Remember the protest many years ago that was done I think by the Congress building? Overnight appeared all these things that you know cost money when overall everyone knows most Haitians in the DR are poor. :unsure:

Reactions: cavok and CristoRey

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The big question is where is the money comes from for the shirts, the banners, etc. Remember the protest many years ago that was done I think by the Congress building? Overnight appeared all these things that you know cost money when overall everyone knows most Haitians in the DR are poor. :unsure:
As always the case in matters like this it is funded by those that have an agenda for change, insurrection, promoting civil disorder and BIG buxs. Think "Haitians lives...etc" matter too.

Reactions: Manuel01

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I changed my mind ! They should allow it ! Lead the march into a Dead End Road, close all exits, round them up and deport all of them.
This will also send a clear message to any future organizers of this kind of activity.
No. Stay the course. Keep border closed. None get in illegally. Take a look at SW Texas and what happened there. Pandora's box with millions of not legal there got out of the box. Nope. The answer to the quiz is right there written within the 4 corners of "Illegal entry"