Phone service down again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
DRInfatuation-you will soon get an email stating that someone was sick, or that he was in a motoconcho accident and was incapacitated for two weeks (convalescing in an AI resort being taken care of by another foreign woman).

He will also tell you how devoted he is to you, and that he will go to the ends of the Earth to prove his love to you.

Don't sweat it-I get those emails too from women. What you do is, next time you visit the DR, tell this guy to pick you up at the airport and have him drive you to the hotel where your new Dominican boyfriend is waiting for you, then wave to him as you get out of his car.

Your only hope is to either play the same game he's playing or forget about him.

Anything deviating from this MO will be subject to ridicule. And as for any emails /IM's he may send you, this is how to translate them-write the meanings of the phrases in English, and they will be the exact opposite of his true intentions.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
For the last damn time because I am really getting sick of people assuming that I am stupid, do not assume that you know ANYTHING about me because you don't. Just because y'all think you are right, doesn't mean that you are. If those of you making the ignorant and baseless comments can not contribute something meaningful then stay off of threads that I post; no one is forcing you to read them. Or better yet, try asking before jumping to conclusions, because whatever y'all may believe is the situation is not the case

So what is the deal? Just a friend, boyfriend, family member etc?

Also... learn how to use the ignore function, it's your friend.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
DRInfatuation-you will soon get an email stating that someone was sick, or that he was in a motoconcho accident and was incapacitated for two weeks (convalescing in an AI resort being taken care of by another foreign woman).

He will also tell you how devoted he is to you, and that he will go to the ends of the Earth to prove his love to you.

Don't sweat it-I get those emails too. What you do is, next time you visit the DR, tell this guy to pick you up at the airport and have him drive you to the hotel where your new Dominican boyfriend is waiting for you, then wave to him as you get out of his car.

Your only hope is to either play the same game or forget him. Anything deviating from this MO will be subject to ridicule.

Now not even I will go that far.... you tryin' to get that girl shot! LOL

SHALENA

drinfatuation

Dec 13, 2010
Florida, United States
The right to respond does not equal the right to disrepect.....
I have no prob with listening, but I will not put up with self rightous people talking crap to me.
I won't post his name on here w/o his permission in a public forum, but I met him online September of last year and we have been keeping in contact since then. He works for a car rental company, has two daughters, is a bit of a smartass, and is on a TV show on a local access channel for fun.... He has never brought up money other than telling me that if I ever came there to live and needed help that he would take care of me, which I thanked him for and turned down. He's always been polite, even when he's being extremely blunt. I do care for him very much, but I hold no illusions of a future with him. I plan on moving there next year, but to get a fresh start with my children. If Hell freezes over and he and I progress to anything beyond friends, cool, but if not it's no big deal to me. If I get ahold of him and see that he's on bs, I wouldn't care if we were no longer friends. I live my life here, including a Rican bf, and I'm sure he's doing his thing there......and I could care less. I may not have experience with DR, but I do have experience with men...... I'm not some starry-eyed young(or not so young) girl with delusions of romance with a sexy, smooth talking Dominicano.... Is that enough or would you like to know more? :)

drinfatuation

Dec 13, 2010
Florida, United States
Now not even I will go that far.... you tryin' to get that girl shot! LOL

SHALENA

lmao!!
I agree 100%; my bf is Rican, and is jealous to the point of threatening to follow me when I planning on going to meet up with a platonic male friend of mine and has followed me to work before....and then told me about it.... One thing that I know about Latino culture is the machista thing and I would never be stupid enough to try that lol

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Friend who wants to be more suppossedly.... I do care about him but not holding my breath on that

Already done(the ignore function)

Can I be totally honest with you? You cannot be friends with them. They have to fall into 2 categories...
1.) The ones you f*ckin' (acquaintances)
2.) The ones you ain't (non-acquaintances)

The Dominicans that you can be friends with are not going to be on any online dating/friendship site.
They won't be working at the hotel/resort
They won't live in a campo, etc, etc, blah, blah....

You get the pic

SHALENA

drinfatuation

Dec 13, 2010
Florida, United States
He doesn't live in a campo, and doesn't work in a resort.... As far as the other....the men there aren't too different from the latinos here... My bf is only that because I started screwing him and can't get rid of his ass. If that's what he is on, then he can be something to do until I find better or see that he isn't on any bs....

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I was just saying in general....I can't tell you what to do but you are heading down a road that just leads to a "waiting to exhale" moment but to each his own.
Good luck.
BTW, I had a friend like yours too.....his son is asleep here beside me.

SHALENA

drinfatuation

Dec 13, 2010
Florida, United States
Ugh, this phone is annoying.....

I had that moment about 9 years ago; his son is in the next bedroom asleep.....

thanks for the concern but I know how to play the game and the only prob I'll have is the condom breaking, and I'm not shy about keeping plan B around....

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
If you know how to play the game then you're all set.

You got your answer-the phones and internet were working just fine.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.