Photos of Catastrophic Rains on North Coast

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I don't know of the other side of the mountain, but I just returned from Jamao. Roads are flooded in places. In front of SeaHorse Ranch, was caught in a traffic jam for 45 minutes, as the road was flooded with about 4 feet of water. It receded a little, and as cars maneuvered the jam, eventually we could creep through. That water was up to almost the top of my car door.

But, I imagine a high vehicle could make it the entire way going through La Cumbre to Sabaneta.

Lindsey

Guy's *dont play the risk driving your car through flood alernators and allot of other key electrical components are low ..if you stall you have possibilities of hydro locking motor. Especially motos....

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
In front of SeaHorse Ranch, was caught in a traffic jam for 45 minutes, as the road was flooded with about 4 feet of water. It receded a little, and as cars maneuvered the jam, eventually we could creep through. That water was up to almost the top of my car door.

I was caught in that jam too, going to pick people up at the airport. The main problem was the thoughtless drivers here, who when they see a line of cars just go straight past on the wrong side of the road. So even when cars got through the flood they couldn't move because the road was blocked by selfish drivers on the wrong side of the road. Idiots!