Photos of the Dominican Republic

P

Paul Gerace

Hola Amigos! I just wanted to share some of my photographs of the Dominican Republic with you. If you have time please give me any feedback you may have. Also, if you have any questions about the DR feel free to e.mail me. I hope that by viewing these images you could feel some of my enthusiasm and love for the Dominican Republic and it's people. Muchas gracias. See the link below.

M

Michael

Wow! Your photos are terrific, the best collection on the net that I've seen. The only improvement I would love to see is a short blurb concerning who, what, where for each picture. Not really a criticism just a wish. :) I'm heading down for the first time this summer and this has wetted my appetite even more! Thanks.

S

Susanne

I totally agree - this is how I remember the place. Am I correct in assuming that several pictures are from the Samana Peninsula?

Regards, Susanne

G

guiliani

WOW!! I haven't seen my home since I was 5 and I'm 23 now, but those pictures really brought back memories! Especially the barrios. How about some of La Presas Tavera or La Lima De Baitoa. I've heard it's changed a lot. PLEASE!! Thanks.

A

Alyssa

Wow--you are clearly a professional, and have a great love of the country. I have a question--you have several pictures of masks in your collection--we are moving to Santo Domingo this summer, and collect masks from wherever we live/visit. Where would we find these stunners? Thanks, Alyssa

B

Brenda

Those are absolutely beautiful Pictures. Thanks for sharing them here. I wish you all the luck in getting more of them published!

P

Paul

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your response. Yes, several of the images were from that area. They were taken from Cayo Levantado, Samana, Las Terrenas, Las Galeras, and Playa Rincon. Rows and rows of palm trees in that area. Very laid back and romantic.

H

Helen

Truly phenomenal & inspiring!!! Bravo!!! Like some of the others, I would love to know where the photos were taken. If ever you get the photos published, do let us know. Won't mind getting my hands on the book to show others who had never been to the DR. I share your enthusiasm & love for the DR and the people and photos like yours profiling the best of the country can only benefit them!

P

Paul

Muchas gracias Alyssa. The fotos of the masks were taken in Puerto Plata during the Independence Day celebration in February. More masks like those could be found all over the country. I hear that the towns of La Vega and Bonao win many awards for their masks and costumes.

P

Paul

Thanks for your positive response. I feel especially proud when Dominicans appreciate the photos. I don't remember if I passed through those areas. Please tell me where they are located. You really need to return for a visit. Muchas gracias, Paul

N

Natasha

Great pictures! I specially love those of Samana' and the country side. Hope you get your publisher as I would love to see more picture books of the DR being printed. I have the one done by Michael Friedel and yours are just as great, and I would even say they have a more "human" feel to them. Good luck!

Natasha

J

Jack Wampler

Paul, Thanks for the pictures. They are excellent. Thanks again. Jack

M

Monique van Leeuwen

Hi Paul,

I just wanted to say that your pictures are great. It may sound strange but in some way I feel conected to you. Why? Because I have the same experience now that you had the first time you went to the Dominican Republic; I fell in love with it. I've been there this february and I cannot let it go, I'm drawn to it, to the people, the history, nature, everything. I want to go back very soon and explore everything that there is to explore. It's like I came home.

Good luck with your pictures!!

Greeting Monique

E

Em

Your pictures were absolutely wonderful. I am leaving in three weeks for my third trip to the DR and have never experienced it the way you showed in your pictures. Am going to travel around a lot more now. Thanks for the beauty....they are terrific!

J

Jo Anne

Paul, you did an outstanding job! I especially enjoyed the photos of the children and the people. It reinforces even more that I must get back to this beautiful country soon!

S

Scott

I saw one of your photos in the Lonely Planet guide book to the Dominican Republic/Haiti.Lonely Planet does television shows on some of the different countries it covers. Does anyone know if they have done a show on the Dominican Republic yet? By the way,the photographs are great, if you ever publish your pictures, I would love to purchase them. Scott

S

Sarah

Amazing photos! Just as I know the country from my dozen or so trips in the past seven years. Have you taken any shots near Barahona? It's beautiful there as well. Good luck with your endeavors!

R

Ryan "el mayimbe" Brown

Paul,

Thank you! You did an excellent job capturing the DR and all its beauty, simple and profound. Please continue.