Status
Not open for further replies.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Grahame,

do we have time in place yet?
GENTLEMEN, ............. This is the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!!! We have a full 6 days to go before we play at Playa Grande! So many things can (& DO) happen here within a 24 HOUR period that giving more than 3 days notice is sometimes unwise! :chinese: :surprised

I tried yesterday to make contact at Playa Grande & failed miserably in that I did not get the return 'phone call promised. Maybe Luis was not around, ..... maybe he was busy (as I was too) or maybe he just forgot - but it IS in my diary to 'phone again today. YOU will know a time when I know a time. My inclination is to pick Carolina Guy & 'buddy' up at 09.30, hammerdown hopefully 15 minutes later. We can then be at Playa Grande by 10.45 & on the Tee by 11.00, finished by 3/3.30, & back home by 5.30/6.00 (for me - deduct 45 & 30 minutes accordingly for yourselves!).

PLEASE be patient with me gentlemen for although I am not TOTALLY aplatanado, I am on the Dominican "Free off & make it stress free" style of living - MUCH better for my heart rate@! :cheeky: :glasses:

'Till later ................ ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
lol. you're a funny guy! I'll have to leave my stresses and schedules at home while on vacation!
If you bring your stress within 200 miles off this island you will be arrested on arrival. Chuck it out of the window as you go over the Bahamas. ;)

As promised Playa Grande is now confirmed for next Wednesday (subject to inclement conditions like rain, tempest or even a hurricane going immediately overhead) & Tee off is due around 11.00. I was given a cost of US $82 incl. cart - does that sound like the price you were expecting to pay for afternoon rates?

If you know exact location of Victorian Hotel in East Cabarete please PM me. NO worry if you don't know it, I have ways of finding out what I need to know! !:eek:gre: ! :surprised !!

hammerdown.
Can you please PM me as to where we can/should meet for pick-up? I am looking at 15 minutes after leaving Cabarete i.e. around 09.45. ~ Grahame.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
A bit of info on Playa Grande as experienced just today! If you are a Fedo Member or non member, they have yet to establish the summer rates which in the past started May 1st.
We also asked about the free round which Fedo members would have received if they had not notified Fedo Golf that they would be closing April 1st 2009.
With that being said, our group (3 Fedo members) where told in the pro shop that they would ask the manager and get some clarification when they would be deciding on the future summer rate and if the free round would also be available. We waited after play to settle on payment as the manager was out. After completing, we where told that the round was free for our Fedo members. Unfortunately our group had not been able to establish when and if they would be reducing their rates for the summer for all play. The course was in good shape given the lack of attention given over the last few months leading to a possible closing, however as usual the carts are very soon facing a slow death to the junk yard! Do not get #51 unless you enjoy waiting to take off after 5 minutes of pumping the heals to bachata!;)
I also understand that Playa Dorado will be reducing their rates for the summer
on May 15th, lets hope PG will do the same!

Last edited:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
You don't "need one" but you'll have to pay for one to accompany you, normally one per cart if I remember correctly. For Fedo members I guess it still applies......BermudaRum can tell you with certainty as he apparently played there just today....and like the deadass carts he describes, the caddies can be fine; or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.