Please bare with me on this one, but I need help...

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
As mentioned before, you have to be in an executive position to earn this, for example Exec. House keeper, Room division manager, F&B manager. In Bavaro an Executive chef makes minumum 3-3500 a month and more.The post about a GM of a 5* resort making
20 k pesos a month is a joke.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Well since everyone is saying what everyone makes I DO have a cousin that makes RD $70K a month. He is a pilot, has all the licenses you can think of to fly and has been flying for 20+ years in the DR.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Thanks for all the replies. The situation is this-my neighbor was telling me if I like the DR so much I should move there and get a job.

I told her that is kind of the opposite of what we are here for-I mean lets' face it, as people who were not born in the US were are basically economic refugees looking for better-paying jobs and to expand our educations.

Some do and some don't, and this is what I told her-

If I could apply online to a hotel and get a job paying me that much money without anyone knowing me in a sector where I have no experience and/or desire work, then what the hell are YOU doing here?

Why don't YOU go back to your country and work in a hotel if its' like that?

Because its' NOT like that and we all know this. Now, of course I didn't come across as rude as I am stating it here, but you guys get the point. I was very diplomatic but I was also quite direct.

But for some reason she seemed pretty adamant about trying to convince me otherwise.

I dated a chica who worked as a hostess in a hotel in Bavaro and she made absolutely crap money(somewhere between 6-8,000 pesos monthly) and had to work 12 hours a day.

But like I said the super is one of the biggest liars I have ever met in my life and so are his kids. But it just surprises me that my neighbor, who is from the island, would believe this. Now I have proof.

Thanks again everyone.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I know personally of individuals making excellent money in the hotel / resort industry. They fall into 2 categories only:

1. Management - Food & Beverage Managers, Sales Managers, Marketing Managers, Operations Managers, General Managers.

2. TIMESHARE sales - they make good money - but not all of them

Of course # 1 - they needs SKILLS and experience to make good money. #2 - they need bull**** and balls........ ;)

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I know a guy making US$3,000 a month at a hotel in coffresi, He just happened to know the right people to put him in a management position.