PLEASE HELP -- need advice URGENT !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helpneeded

Mar 25, 2022
Dominican
Good morning,
I need help as a tourist.

I'm gay. I met a guy online and we've been chatting for a year.
We eventually decided to meet up last week. I asked him many, many times, before meeting up, how old he was, because I like to be careful.
And to this question, he always replied that he was 19. I have been asking him his cedula as proof of age, he kept telling me that he doesn't have any cédula due to various bureaucratic/paperwork reasons.

so last week on whatsapp I asked him his date of birth just be sure, he replied in writing August 26, 2002.
(On social media, this kid also uploaded a picture with "2002" tattooed on his ankle, so I made the connection and genuinely assumed that he was telling me the truth.)

Then I immediately asked him how old he was, he said (also in writing) "19 años".
He also confirmed this through voice notes (yo soy mayor de edad, etc)

I'm VERY carefully with meeting people here as I'm very aware of the law.
So after this whatsapp exchange, we decided to meet up and have sex (last week).
He asked for some money before this, so I gave him money.

I wasn't planning to meet him ever again after that (to me it was just a "one-night). But then on over the following days, he kept asking to do it again with me, because "necessito dinero".

Because he still didn't have any cedula to show, I refused. He was pissed.

Then next thing I know, last night his mom texts me on whatsapp telling me that she is going to report me to fiscalia because I paid his son for sex, and he is a minor.

I sent her all the screenshots showing how her son repeatedly told me he was 19, with year of birth 2002.
She replied that he is actually 16, not 19.

I had NO IDEA. I feel completely cheated.
She then said that she is a judge and that she will basically have me prosecuted and go to jail.
But then she suggested that, if I want to avoid all this bad stuff, I can make a some sort of deal with her son (not with her though) asap. She didn't specify what kind or deal, but I suspect she wants money.

But for a so called judge to ask me on whatsapp to make a deal with her son, that sounds like she is just blackmailing me and she really isn't a judge.
I mean what kind or judge offers to make a deal BEFORE even reporting the crime?

She said she is going to report me to fiscalia today. Nor sure if this family is just blackmailing and the young fella is really legal of age, or he is really a minor as his mom says.

Also the he now claims himself that he is a minor, saying he doesn't know WHY he lied, but I suspect he did this for money.

Now he claims he needs MORE money to run away from his house to the campo, because supposedly his parents are forcing him to show them where I live, and he doesn't want to oblige. So he needs money to 'escape" to the campo away from his parents.

Please advise on what should I do. If fiscalia really gets on board and the really did lie about his age, I want to be able to defend myself because I GENUINELY and sincerely believed that he was 19.
I have all the evidence in writing.

Please recommend a lawyer. Thanks.

Helpneeded

Mar 25, 2022
Dominican

Thank you.
I'm not sure if they specialize in penal law or criminal law, but I will try them.

Open to more suggestions and referrals.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You better hope he is of age and they are trying to hustle you out of money which is normal down here. They do it with their daughters too.

As you are English speaking, if you are an American you will also be prosecuted upon your return home as Federal law makes it a crime for American citizens and U.S. residents to travel—between states or to a foreign country—to have sex with minors (people younger than 18 years old).

Unless they have all of your information, I'd just move to another hotel then block them on WhatsApp and whatever electronic means they have to connect with you and enjoy the rest of your stay.
Dominicans are notoriously lazy and it sounds like they're just looking for a easy mark. Make the hustle difficult for them and they'll moat likely leave you alone.
Next time stay away from poor young men/ boys from the campos.

Helpneeded

Mar 25, 2022
Dominican
Thanks for all the answers so far.
I wanted to cut short my vacation but like I said, I'm not even sure the guy is a indeed a minor, because on Whatsapp his mom sounded like she was more into blackmailing and making me shit in my pants than actually seeking justice for her son (which is a weird behavior for a "judge"), and she BLOCKED me when her threats didn't work on me. (She swore that she would go to Fiscalia today though. I'm still waiting for the Fiscalia agents at my hotel. Not sure how long their bureaucracy take.)

When I told this woman esta bien no hay problema, you can go report me to fiscalia if you like, and I will be happily waiting for both you and the Fiscalia agents at my hotel, she was kind of pissed/frustrated that I wasn't panicking and begging her to not tell the authorities (because I genuinely believe that I'm innocent and I can back it up. Stupid and naive yes, but innocent still).

On the other hand the 19-year-old-turned-16 is still pressing me to send him 4000 pesos, promising me that I will be able to avoid all conflict and avoid jail IF ONLY I send him that money (supposedly because he wants to escape to the campo).
Of course I don't buy that.

Since I have 4 documented instances where he confirmed to me that he was legal of age (twice in writing and twice on voice notes) BEFORE we even met in person, I'm confident that I can battle this storm.
Also I rather face the music now rather than be jailed in like 10 years because I escaped justice. I don't want this to come back to bite me in the a** in the future.

Provided of course that this is really a minor we are talking about, and not just a family blackmailing a tourist for nothing.

Also, the vocabulary of the mother has many grammar mistakes and doesn't quite sound like what a so-called judge would write:

- "Aquí menten preso. A los hombres que asen eso"

- "Por k estás hablando con una juesa Dominicana"

- "Pork yo te blokiare para un dirte"

- "tú vieron relaciones, pork también me di cuenta de eso"

So many mistakes in her writing.

Will wait and see.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks for all the answers so far.
I wanted to cut short my vacation but like I said, I'm not even sure the guy is a indeed a minor, because on Whatsapp his mom sounded like she was more into blackmailing and making me shit in my pants than actually seeking justice for her son (which is a weird behavior for a "judge"), and she BLOCKED me when her threats didn't work on me. (She swore that she would go to Fiscalia today though. I'm still waiting for the Fiscalia agents at my hotel. Not sure how long their bureaucracy take.)

When I told this woman esta bien no hay problema, you can go report me to fiscalia if you like, and I will be happily waiting for both you and the Fiscalia agents at my hotel, she was kind of pissed/frustrated that I wasn't panicking and begging her to not tell the authorities (because I genuinely believe that I'm innocent and I can back it up. Stupid and naive yes, but innocent still).

On the other hand the 19-year-old-turned-16 is still pressing me to send him 4000 pesos, promising me that I will be able to avoid all conflict and avoid jail IF ONLY I send him that money (supposedly because he wants to escape to the campo).
Of course I don't buy that.

Since I have 4 documented instances where he confirmed to me that he was legal of age (twice in writing and twice on voice notes) BEFORE we even met in person, I'm confident that I can battle this storm.
Also I rather face the music now rather than be jailed in like 10 years because I escaped justice. I don't want this to come back to bite me in the a** in the future.

Provided of course that this is really a minor we are talking about, and not just a family blackmailing a tourist for nothing.

Also, the vocabulary of the mother has many grammar mistakes and doesn't quite sound like what a so-called judge would write:

So many mistakes in her writing.

Will wait and see.
Leave immediately to either a different location in the country or leave the country. Sex isn't worth going to jail over. I see 15 and 16 year old girls that if you didn't know better appear to be 20 year old's. The minute he couldn't produce a cedula your radar should have been saying no, no, no.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If they know the hotel you are staying in, move to another one and let this be a lesson to you going forward not take advantage/ exploit the needs of young/ poor people in developing countries in order to satisfy your sexual desires.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Imagine the fun we could have if we had the numbers of the kid and the judge so we could all start messaging them at the same time.. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

Definitely written by a barrio bunny.😂😅😂

Big

Apr 24, 2019
If they know the hotel you are staying in, move to another one and let this be a lesson to you going forward not take advantage/ exploit the needs of young/ poor people in developing countries in order to satisfy your sexual desires.
fascinating story, a grown man sharing his one night stand whats app hook up experience. so much more interesting than the "where is the best pizza " threads.

Helpneeded

Mar 25, 2022
Dominican
Scrolling through his social media I'm seeing an old pic of him from late 2020 where he is holding a big Presidente bottle, chilling in the barrios with his friends. His friends are also holding big Presidente bottles.

If he was born in 2005 as he now claims, that would make him aged 15 in the year 2020... maybe I have been too much sheltered, but I can't picture any 15 year-old walking around and posing with beer bottles like that in the streets? Maybe it's different here.

He also has a goatee on his chin in that picture and so do some of his friends.. again I can't really picture any 15 year-old with facial hair/goatees at such a young age?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Slip out the back Jack, make another plan Stan, you don't need to be coy Roy, hop on the next flight and get yourself free. No need to discuss much and stop having sex with young looking prostitutes who don't process a valid cedula.

Status
Not open for further replies.