Plus size clothing

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
Maybe is time to start eating healthier. lot of fresh vegetables here and fish, and cheaper than McDonald

MAYBE it is time for people to stop being @ssholes on here when someone asks a simple question, or gives a well-intentioned response for that matter. Or for such comments to get deleted.

For all of those that rack up the posts with such swill on here, there are plenty of lurkers and infrequent posters who are put off by this type of online environment and don't want to participate.

She even said she has lost 60 pounds here already...

CONGRATS TO YOU, loveydovey, you will surely find some cute clothes and be workin' them in no time!! :bunny:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Daaaaaamn, the guy was just offering a suggestion. Yeah, I know, nothing to do with food choices....being "big boned" is the culprit.
I for one also think that he stated that in a very professional manner, and I did not read it as offensive at all.

Maybe, just maybe some people can use the ignore button, or maybe Robert can do it for you like he did me.
It makes a world of difference! I don't see anymore of Chip's posts.....its like he isn't even here!

SHALENA

May 29, 2006
I believe Chip is on a "time out."

And the mods have good reason to delete offensive posts. I see first-time posters ask a reasonable question all the time get treated like idiots or insulted for other reasons, usually by a handful of regs who act like it's their right to be abusive to anyone who they don't think is as well informed(or as moral) as they are, or they will sidetrack any thread to talk about their own agendas. Someone who speaks English as a second or even third language gets harassed because they make a spelling error or uses the word "Dominica" instead of "Dominican." It pulls the whole site down and leads to others sidetracking the threads by taking the bait the trolls are putting out and getting into arguments. Being a mod must at times be like trying to drive the family car with two kids in the back seat fighting each other.

Fewer visitors ultimately means less revenue from advertising. It's not a sandbox to play in, it's an open forum to give and get advice, promote the country and warn of potential missteps.

People who ask to have a post taken down often do so because it degrades the site or another member. You shouldn't need a thick skin to participate here.

"Never wrestle with a pig, you'll just get dirty and the pig likes it"

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
If you are looking for cheap plus sized clothes, and have enough time and patience, it's worth finding a local person who sells clothes from a paca, those giant packs of used clothing brought in from Haiti. Some people sell from their house, others from the market places. These people are usually located in the barrios. But ask around, everyone knows someone that sells them.

Most of the clothes in there come from the U.S., so there are a lot of plus sizes. You have to be willing to dig through the piles of clothing to find a good item and not be too picky as far as color/style. Sometimes you can get something nearly brand new and name brand!

If you are going to be around a while and in the market for those clothes, it's worth getting to know someone that sells paca clothes, because they can pre-sort the sizes you are looking for out for you, assuming you are willing to buy and pay a slightly higher price.

I'm not sure if the paca ladies charge more for plused sized clothes, since they tend to charge by quality of item but also take weight of the article into account (because they buy clothes by the pound and need to turn a profit). Prices for paca clothes for me have ranged from 20 pesos to 100 an item.

I wouldn't buy it from them, that is why Haiti is the way it is. Those are aids donated by the international community to dress up the Haitian population but most of these items don't end up reaching the hands that need them, but the hands of the corrupts.

By buying these clothes you are only contributing to corruptions, if everyone stops buying these clothes in Haiti and the DR, I am very sure most of these clothes would serve its intended purpose.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Maybe is time to start eating healthier. lot of fresh vegetables here and fish, and cheaper than McDonald

Are you asking to meet my fat fist ???

Weight can be lost but being a f'ugly old white man with no hopes in hell of getting a women in his own country and dating barely legal (if that) women in the DR is uncurable.

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
SWEDOW=Stuff We Don't Want

I wouldn't buy it from them, that is why Haiti is the way it is. Those are aids donated by the international community to dress up the Haitian population but most of these items don't end up reaching the hands that need them, but the hands of the corrupts.

By buying these clothes you are only contributing to corruptions, if everyone stops buying these clothes in Haiti and the DR, I am very sure most of these clothes would serve its intended purpose.

All of those clothes are SWEDOW. That is why, as someone else mentioned, they are sold to generate income. I'm sure some corruption goes on at some point, but the stuff is not "stolen" aid donations...there is an entire organized sector devoted to buying and selling it. They even have unions. For the most part, poorer women do the selling, and some have done quite well for themselves. Good for them, better than begging in the street.

SWEDOWchart.jpg

Here is the link if you can't read it:

The

This debate would be better suited for the Haitian economy thread, or another thread about pacas, but I wanted to respond. How else will I get to 500 posts? :p

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Are you asking to meet my fat fist ???

Weight can be lost but being a f'ugly old white man with no hopes in hell of getting a women in his own country and dating barely legal (if that) women in the DR is uncurable.

I am on the floor laughing!!!
:laugh:

SHALENA

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They been selling those "Packs" of clothing here in the DR for years and years,loooooooooong before the "Quake"!
I am FAT,because I lack self control.I eat a lot of "FAT",and my only exercise is walking to the kitchen from my "Chair"!
But I take no offense if someone tells me to "Eat Health",or get some exercise.They are RIGHT!
Those who "jump" on them need to "Live" with their own body,or take their advice.
Being fat/obese is not a "Disease", it is a chosen lifestyle!
"Eat and "Make Mary"!
Mary loves that!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
They been selling those "Packs" of clothing here in the DR for years and years,loooooooooong before the "Quake"!
I am FAT,because I lack self control.I eat a lot of "FAT",and my only exercise is walking to the kitchen from my "Chair"!
But I take no offense if someone tells me to "Eat Health",or get some exercise.They are RIGHT!
Those who "jump" on them need to "Live" with their own body,or take their advice.
Being fat/obese is not a "Disease", it is a chosen lifestyle!
"Eat and "Make Mary"!
Mary loves that!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

It couldnt been say it better.
I got an infraction for insult and personal attack for give an advice to someone to Eat Health.
Here in DR, is very usual to see in TV comedy and jokes about fat people, transvestis, drunks, etc. Why? because as CC says these are not Diseases. I would never make a joke of a handicapped.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
It couldnt been say it better.
I got an infraction for insult and personal attack for give an advice to someone to Eat Health.
Here in DR, is very usual to see in TV comedy and jokes about fat people, transvestis, drunks, etc. Why? because as CC says these are not Diseases. I would never make a joke of a handicapped.
That sucks big time. So I guess now we'll get infractions for telling the whoremongers on here to use condoms.
SMH

SHALENA

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if i may stray a little from the subject of fat people and back to plus size clothing: VS has a sale going on right now. i think they are a bit generous with their sizing and there are plenty of summer dresses at low prices.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
To the OP I don`t know when you need these clothes but I have a number of dresses and good quality clothes I bought last year and some have the tags on, never been worn or gently used for a special occasion etc. I was a size 18-22 and have lost weight over the past 2 years. I am now down to a size 14. I will be in POP Jan 15-24 and if you are interested in any of my dresses or outfits PM me and I`ll see if I can send you pics... I know how hard it is to find attractive plus sized clothes.

Katerine

Dec 16, 2012
I know plus sized persons are worried about their dressing and clothes .I think no they need not to worried about it because in these days plus size clothes are easily available in market like plus size bras ,plus size lingerie,s etc .

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I know plus sized persons are worried about their dressing and clothes .I think no they need not to worried about it because in these days plus size clothes are easily available in market like plus size bras ,plus size lingerie,s etc .

You don't say, this thread is almost a year old, I bet a few of these LARGE LOVELIES have MOOOVED ON.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Tambo are you a large lovely lover???? I think I remember you saying that 5'7 150-160 was well obese for you...I just want to know where I stand as being 5'7 and 156lbs

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tambo are you a large lovely lover???? I think I remember you saying that 5'7 150-160 was well obese for you...I just want to know where I stand as being 5'7 and 156lbs

Perfecto, as long as you have solid curves and not Titleist golf ball dimples, big difference between thick and a porker.