Police have not resolved the murder of Mario Oliver Jutard in Las Terrenas

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Mario-Jack-Oliver-Jutard-Hoy-e1668691469208.png

The National Police’s Criminal Investigations Division (Dicrim) has yet to resolve the murder of 71-year old Mario Oliver Jutard in Las Terrenas, Samana. As reported, Jutard was found strangled to death in his villa in Las Ballenas Beach in Las Terrenas on 26 October 2022. Robbery is suspect to have been the motive.

Investigators say the criminals broke into the man’s house and stole a safe, several Rolex watches and other valuables. The forensic report indicates Jutard died due to head trauma and strangulation. Jutard is also known as a former boyfriend of Stephanie of Monaco in the mid 80s.

Lawyers for the family, Lianmy Jackson and Eduardo Tavarez, request the intervention of President Luis Abinader due to the delays in the solving of the crime.

“We want justice and that those responsible pay for the crime, for the good of the country, the development of...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Britboy

Oct 30, 2021
Samana
Las Terrenas is a Ghost town tourist wise I would hate to be a business owner there with shop after shop and restaurants and bars empty. The entire Police force have been replaced along with the prosecutor. I am on several social media sites in the region and the overwhelming feeling is one of a lawless town.
This is not an isolated incident and he has paid the ultimate price.
I do not have the answers but in Las Terrenas any more similar incidents will see an exodus.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Our friends who live there full-time would disagree with this OP.

It's my understanding that the police force was dismissed because they had informal ties to a drug dealer who got arrested a week earlier.

I'll be in Las Terrenas next month for several months.

I'll let everyone know if I get mugged.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I am confused!

The OP is Dolores. It is Britboy, not Dolores, who referred to the changes in the police force. Please make certain that your posted comments on earlier posts refer to the correct person.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
As small as Las Terrenas is...
if they haven't solved this one by now
then it may go unsolved.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Nobody will look within.
Las Terrenas is tribal. They don't turn on each other. Fact
Trust me. I understand.
While living in La Joya, Santiago I watched a few
murals being painted on my street with no one ever
being arrested.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Las Terrenas is a Ghost town tourist wise I would hate to be a business owner there with shop after shop and restaurants and bars empty. The entire Police force have been replaced along with the prosecutor. I am on several social media sites in the region and the overwhelming feeling is one of a lawless town.
This is not an isolated incident and he has paid the ultimate price.
I do not have the answers but in Las Terrenas any more similar incidents will see an exodus.

well, one thing is for sure.

Villa Clarissa will never be the same.

Imagine booking the villa not knowing about the recent murder?

Ghosts?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
well, one thing is for sure.

Villa Clarissa will never be the same.

Imagine booking the villa not knowing about the recent murder?

Ghosts?

There are a few villas on the north coast with the same history. If this case hasn't been solved yet then it may go unsolved. Based on what I've read in the press over the last 11 years of living here, the DR is not a difficult country to quietly kill someone and get away with it.

Facepalm Supreme

Dec 29, 2022
Santo Domingo
This is a very unfortunate story and the worst nightmare of any of us living here who moved here from abroad. Always be careful of who you allow into your life and interact with. It is almost always those close to you who will do you harm, or set you up to have harm done to you. It is EASY to get frustrated or emotionally or personally involved in certain situations, especially in the moment. LEARN TO LET IT GO and *DO NOT* under any circumstances become involved in arguments with people. Even and especially when it seems like the stakes are high. Learning to let go, especially of situations that seem "big", especially on a familial or personal level will give you a newfound freedom.

Avoid interacting with people who belong to the "bajo mundo" or "fringe communities". Cultivate within your life a peaceful tranquility and attempt to attract and spend time with people who do the same.

Every sunrise and every sunset are a true gift and wonder/joy to behold. Being on the beach watching the adults eating and drinking, watching kids playing, watching the waves crash against the shore, hell even watching the dogs move up and down and sometimes drop a deuce is one small part of what life is all about. Don't let yourself get caught up in the negativity. Stay away from negative people. DO NOT loan people money, DO NOT become involved in business with people you don't trust with your life, DO NOT invite people to your house that you have not properly vetted. DO NOT go to places you are not familiar with, or with people you do not trust with your life.

Enjoy every day, but do so responsibly, so you can do the same again tomorrow.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
There are a few villas on the north coast with the same history. If this case hasn't been solved yet then it may go unsolved. Based on what I've read in the press over the last 11 years of living here, the DR is not a difficult country to quietly kill someone and get away with it.

Having been back here in Las Terrenas, I'm hearing conflicting stories.

About 2 suspects in detention that were directly involved in the murder of Mario Oliver in his home at Villa Clarissa. (1 Dominican and 1 Haitian). I heard it from 2 locals including one who said he read about it online. Yet I haven't read anything in the press about this.

Does anybody have any new info?

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Having been back here in Las Terrenas, I'm hearing conflicting stories.

About 2 suspects in detention that were directly involved in the murder of Mario Oliver in his home at Villa Clarissa. (1 Dominican and 1 Haitian). I heard it from 2 locals including one who said he read about it online. Yet I haven't read anything in the press about this.

Does anybody have any new info?
I read that on Twitter as well from a reliable source.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I'm surprised the Dominican Police didn't "perp walk" the suspects for the press.
Maybe its because the police aren't 100% certain they caught the right guys?
That never stopped them from looking for press glory