Poll - Where to go next

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
Who knows...

Back to the U.S. for grad school and to make some money. After that, I want to live/work abroad, probably in Latin America, but right now I can't imagine living anywhere for more than a couple of years. It seems like I get bored too fast. Guess I just haven't found the right place or it's not the right time...sorry DR! I will be leaving, but entertain coming back to semi-retire someday.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Actually my friends usually find my honesty refreshing. They do know where they stand. If you knew me you would know that I don't wait for things to "drop into my lap". Like most things I understand it takes work and effort to form an attachment to your chosen country, to make new friends and seek out new avenues for entertainment. However, I do not suffer fools lightly, and my idea of entertainment is not sitting in a bar "enjoying" happy hours... so perhaps that is my downfall.
Great thing about people is that we are all different, with different views and points of views, doesn't make us wrong or right, just expressing what is our opinion and for each of us that makes it correct. IMHO

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I got here by accident.

I told the travel agent, "I want to go to Paradise Island".

She was Dominican.... ;) lol

Don SantiagoDR

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Didn't you only arrive in June having lived in other caribbean islands? What's gone wrong so quick?

Never intended on staying. To be honest, I can't shake my "First World" roots. I find living in developing countries rather depressing.

Once they change the immigration laws in the States (which is looking more and more likely), I'll be sponsoring my partner for his residency. We're both still many years from retiring (he's only in his 30's) and there is no real future for us here in the DR. Many more opportunities to make a living in the States.