Postal Code

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
I have to send a package to the States but the address is a post code. Everyone refuses to touch it. The USPS postage is pre-paid. I use BM-Cargo who are usually good about sending mail but I tried DHL also. Fedex is closed right now. Is there a way to get this over the water?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
No courier company will touch it because it does not have a street address. Without a street address it is basically undeliverable. The same postal code usually encompasses a group of neighboring addresses. Unless a courier company has a drop off agreement with the post office for packages which most do not, the company has no way to get your package into the postal system without paying to do so.

Contact the recipient, and get a street address you can ship the pkg to. A postal code is a routing mechanism that allows USPS automation to get your mail to the correct delivery route/person and it is up to that person to determine the correct physical address for the last step in delivery.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I have to send a package to the States but the address is a post code. Everyone refuses to touch it. The USPS postage is pre-paid. I use BM-Cargo who are usually good about sending mail but I tried DHL also. Fedex is closed right now. Is there a way to get this over the water?

Not sure what you are asking. The ZIP cope, for incoming mail to the post office in POP, for Sosua is 57000. It can take several day to several months and will have to go to the post office.

If mailing out of the Dr., use FedX at your local carrier. Google to find the ZIP code where it is being sent.

If you don't have a name and full address... it ain't going.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Not sure what you are asking. The ZIP cope, for incoming mail to the post office in POP, for Sosua is 57000. It can take several day to several months and will have to go to the post office.

If mailing out of the Dr., use FedX at your local carrier. Google to find the ZIP code where it is being sent.

The only way some body will touch it is if has P.O. Box number and anyway will need an address name, number, and zip code otherwise impossible to make it arrive.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013

Thanks for the info. I am surprised that the shipping company cannot drop the package off at the post office when they are going there daily.
Roughly what would it cost with Fedex for a small light package?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The USPS is the competition. The USPS does not accept packages for delivery to a P.O. box without attaching the correct postage. Thus couriers cannot deliver to USPS P.O. boxes.

A Zip Code is just a routing number. Today's state of automation with optical readers requires a zip code, but that alone is not sufficient to deliver something to a specific address.

If using FedEx figure about $75.00 - $100.00 for two day service (the only service level offered here) for a small light package.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
There has to be someone here on DR1 who is going to the states and give them 5 bucks 250 pesos to drop it off at a post office after affixing proper postage there.