PRD: Nothing is so bad that it can't get worse.

P

Pib

When the history of the beginning of this century is written this government will be known as the one who did the more stupid things in just 4 years. I just don?t know what to think anymore. I won?t even discuss the recent decision of the PRD to divide Santo Domingo just to suit their need to bulk up the local bureaucracy. What I just saw in the news today even surpassed that: the government has approved a ?new? minimum wage of RD$1600.00 (96 USD) per month to ?as an incentive for new free zones to relocate in economically depressed areas of the country?.

I don?t know what to think, this sounds criminal to me, but mostly it sounds stupid. Why would anyone want to break his or her back for that money? Most men will stick to ?motoconchos? and petty jobs instead, and it will be the women of these poor communities that will end up working and being abused in this new form of slavery.

But then again, I shouldn?t have expected better from this government. To paraphrase Joseph Heller in Catch 22, ?Even among men lacking all intelligence Hipolito stands out as a man lacking more intelligence than the rest?.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: PRD: Nothing is so bad that it can't get worse

There is only one another who is as stupid as Hipolito and that is Leonel Fernandez. Both of them have conspire to indebt DR to the point where we will be paying their debt forever.