Premios Lo Nuestro 2007

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
So who watched last night Los Premios Lo Nuestro?

I know many don't follow these type of award shows because they don't really award the ones who deserve them. BUT BUT BUT if you didn't watch you missed a great moment when Juan Luis Guerra was awarded "Premio a la Excelencia" y que excelencia, I was filled with pride when he performed his popourri of some of his most memorable songs. Afterwards he accepted his award and I couldn't stop clapping and my eyes were teary. He thanked Jesus first of all and at the end he thanked "mi bella Republica Dominica". He was GREAT!!!! It was funny when the two members of Mana came out to give his award and they bowed to him in reverence :)

Most of the performances I got to watch were really good. Aventura and Frankie J were so so, I'm not an Aventura fan. Olga Tanon won, what a surprise :rolleyes: :rolleyes: La Quinta Estacion was stupendous. Nklabe was ok, these are a salsa group with a preppy look. What the heck happened to Jenny Rivera butt???!!!!and her mononon!!!?? their were bumps everywhere.:eek: and her new body (after surgery) was supposed to be the big surprise of the night.:p

Jennifer Lopez got a standing ovation when she came out to present the Video of the year award. Dressed in like black stretchy leggins and a long ugly looking top. I missed Anais's performance and two of my favorite singers Pepe Aguilar and Emmanuel sang "Todo se Derrumbo" that was very emotional, brought me back to the 80's.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I saw some of the show because my mom was watching. It was great to see Juan Luis get the big one. My question is, since I don't really follow these awards, what is the difference between this one and lets say the Latin Grammy Awards.

Last edited:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I saw some of the show because my mom was watching. It was great to see Juan Luis get the big one. My question is, since I don't really follow these awards, what is the difference between this one and lets say the Latin Grammy Awards.

CONGRATS!!! Hildalgo, you made the 1000th post.:bunny:

I don't know the difference but I wished Musicqueen would come on and tell us about it. They are pretty similar, but last nights shows seemed more together than the grammys, more variety, many different genres got to perform.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
CONGRATS!!! Hildalgo, you made the 1000th post.:bunny:

I don't know the difference but I wished Musicqueen would come on and tell us about it. They are pretty similar, but last nights shows seemed more together than the grammys, more variety, many different genres got to perform.

I am honored and humble to be recognized by you. On a side note you are americanized because you spelled my apellido with that first L that does not belong there. Americans do it all the time.Lol:cheeky:

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I saw the 1st half-hour with my wife... I thought Alexandra Guzman was really hysterical !!!

I haven't really paid attention for the rest... Regular award show...

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
There is NO difference between the Latin Grammys and these awards...they are controlled by ONE MAN...(sorry, can't name names) who decides who wins or not...usually, if the performers are willing to travel and be present at the show, they win something...

The categories vary according to who's present...what the heck is ARTISTA DURANGUENSE DEL A?O??? If anyone can figure that one out, please inform ME...

Tony and I went...we had a great time, we sat right behind the performers, got to meet most of them, and Tony got pics with some...the after party at Bongo's was also good...we ate, drank and danced till 3 am...so Tony was starstruck and amazed...but I told him this is the first and last...I HATE THESE THINGS!!! ;)

Oh, yeah...Jenni Rivera must have been a cow before this surgery...'cause she looked HUGE...and what is it with women and BUTT IMPLANTS now??? I saw way TOO MANY of those...they look disgusting!!! And in no way can compare to the real thing...JLo has that covered!!! No one can come close to hers... ;)

MQ

Jun 5, 2004
I saw Premios Lo Nuestro and was proud that they finally recognized what Dominicans have done to music. I made a few observations.

1.JUAN LUIS GUERRA was the best there.

2. Anthony from Aventura did not mention Thalia for their song award after she was also part of the project.

3. BTW Does anyone have a copy of the contract which Olga Ta?on has with Premios Lo Nuestro. Every single year she wons an award (llueve, vente, caiga lo que caiga) She is good but she can not win an award every year Especially if she hasnt had a hit song that year. I'm wondering if next year they are going to have an award for the embarazada del a?o so that she could take it home.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Funny, apdo...you are right...like I said...it's ONE MAN who decides who wins or not...and she's in a very powerful record company's list...I would love to be invited to review and vote for the nominees for these award shows...We (radio dj's) used to be invited...until someone came up with this new concept (there's much more money to be made and the record co's have all the money to pay up to make their artists win anything!) Too bad...something that could be so good it getting uglier and uglier by the minute...

engels64

Feb 27, 2007
Olga Ta?on!

This is so true!! Olga Ta?on always manages to win something!! It was so funny that she does not even sound on the radio and gets an ward. Que compadreo!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Olga is actually the QUEEN of Premios Lo Nuestro...19 awards so far...the most in the history of the awards!!!

I like her...she's an incredible singer and an extremely good and happy person...but give me a break!!! SHE should say she doesn't want anymore!!! ;)

MQ