Presedente Beer

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Milk 'n Honey..

Our beer is as good as milk and honey... Viva Presidente.. hheheh.. Si, soy Dominicano... Yes, I'm Dominican:eek:gre:

EDinNB

Apr 1, 2006
Tamborista said:
It's the other way around!
Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana brews Heinekin under license in RD.

http://cervecerianacionaldominicana.com.do/esp/nuestrasmarcas/marcas.html

I'm not arguing that point at all.....and brewing under license is not ownership....I contacted Moosehead Breweries to see if they might be interested in brewing Presidente under license, and the International Sales Manager told me he doubted it could happen, because the owners of Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana were owned by the same people who owned Heinekin, and they were major competitors.....His words not mine, I'm only the messenger in this post.

EDinNB

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
EDinNB said:
I'm not arguing that point at all.....and brewing under license is not ownership....I contacted Moosehead Breweries to see if they might be interested in brewing Presidente under license, and the International Sales Manager told me he doubted it could happen, because the owners of Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana were owned by the same people who owned Heinekin, and they were major competitors.....His words not mine, I'm only the messenger in this post.

EDinNB
Not tl all correct as Grupo Leon Jimenes, under ownersip of the Dominican family, has owned Cerveceria Nacional since 1986 when they bought out Miller Brewing (Philip Morris). Heineken is owned by a Swiss Holding Company. As Cerverceria Nacional has done business with Heineken to license Heineken in the DR, I would believe if it made financial sense the reverse would be possible.

EDinNB

Apr 1, 2006
Like i said...all I did was pass along information from the sales manager responsible for International sales for the 3rd (I think) largest brewery, and the oldest family owned independent brewery in Canada, I thought he should know... but I guess he hasn't a clue (tongue planted firmly in cheek people)

EDinNB

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
EDinNB said:
Like i said...all I did was pass along information from the sales manager responsible for International sales for the 3rd (I think) largest brewery, and the oldest family owned independent brewery in Canada, I thought he should know... but I guess he hasn't a clue (tongue planted firmly in cheek people)

EDinNB
the International Sales Manager told me he doubted it could happen, because the owners of Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana were owned by the same people who owned Heinekin,
Unless the Swiss and Dominican families are one in the same, I guess there is a failure to communicate here. There may in fact be a business reason why Presidente won't be licensed in Canada, but the fact that Heineken and Presidente are owned by the same people is simply wrong. If you doubt it, check out the websites of both companies and see who has the major ownership interests. No sense in prepetuating an erroneous statement, despite it's source.