President Abinader: Where the country stands

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-Discurso-Rendicion-Cuentas-El-Dia-1024x681.png

In his 27 of February state of the nation address, President Luis Abinader highlighted the accomplishment of having led the nation through the difficult times of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Ukraine war and the present challenges. He used the speech to recap the economic, political and social issues undertaken in his first four years in government which will end on 16 August 2024.

President Abinader is seeking a second term. In his rendition of accounts speech, he summarized the accomplishments and plans for the government this 2024.

President Abinader said his goal when starting the presidency in August 2020 was to leave a better country when he finished his term. “And today, I can affirm that the Dominican Republic is not the same as it was four years ago. Change is an irreversible reality.

“In comparative terms, we can highlight that in 2020 the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

aarhus

On vacation
Jun 10, 2008
I hope you're right. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's because he's a career politician, don't know. But I would trust him no more than 1 meter away from me.
Fernandez is over 70. I know in some countries that’s young for a presidential candidate haha. Sorry. But here the young people I hear don’t even know who he is either. He hasn’t been good at keeping in the news and doesn’t seem to have much of a SoMe presence which you need nowadays. Especially in this country I think.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
He's clearly out of touch with what's happening in the country.
After the President's speech yesterday, he said Abinader was "All talk and no action"
This from a guy who won't mingle with the public, lives off of his "Think Tank" that acquired untold millions from the country and was surrounded by corrupt cronies.

aarhus

On vacation
Jun 10, 2008
After the President's speech yesterday, he said Abinader was "All talk and no action"
This from a guy who won't mingle with the public, lives off of his "Think Tank" that acquired untold millions from the country and was surrounded by corrupt cronies.
Leonel definitely looks weaker. Maybe Abel is a better contender now.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
lol, Abinader went through Jarabacoa standing up in his motorcade, no smile, no waving, and looking straight ahead. Leonel was greeting people, waving...etc. Guess you see what you want to see. I have personally talked with Leonel several times. The opposition is always going to criticize the current president.

Reactions: aarhus