Presidente Is Now Heineken

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Heineken already owns 9.3% of CND so it's a win-win for them either way.

.If the Sosua news is right on this then they are the new DR WSJ. Economical prognosticators

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There's a new "KING" in town,"BUDWIESER",the "KING of BEERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Presidente" has been "Bought & Sold" more than a Dominican Hooker!
Never makes any difference in the "taste",at least not to me!
This is a "Non-Event",so don't start building a "Dr1Mountain" out of a molehill.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And please try and remember,in the DR,"It Ain't over,Until It's OVER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(That means the "MONEY" is in your "Foreign" bank account!!!
NOT,when the "Newspapers" say it is!!!

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
CND own a brewery in J that bottles Guiness, when are we going to get it in the DR??

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Heineken may end up brewing Heineken in the DR, as they do in The Bahamas where they brew Kalik (the local beer) and Heineken (also popular there). With lower labor and production costs here, it may just make sense, even if the Heineken brewed locally is exported to the rest of the Caribbean (where its very popular) as local demand is likely to remain low.

pas

Jun 7, 2004
Heineken already owns 9.3% of CND so it's a win-win for them either way.

.If the Sosua news is right on this then they are the new DR WSJ. Economical prognosticators

they sold that to inbev for 237 milion dolar

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Moral of the story is that Dr1 news is more accurate source of correct information than Sosua news!

Matilda

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
There's a new "KING" in town,"BUDWIESER",the "KING of BEERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Presidente" has been "Bought & Sold" more than a Dominican Hooker!
Never makes any difference in the "taste",at least not to me!
This is a "Non-Event",so don't start building a "Dr1Mountain" out of a molehill.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And please try and remember,in the DR,"It Ain't over,Until It's OVER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(That means the "MONEY" is in your "Foreign" bank account!!!
NOT,when the "Newspapers" say it is!!!

I think they need to work on the TASTE! I can consume 10 Presidente and that would not make a difference!

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I am surprised about the price being it is in a 3rd would country. I know most get the 22 oz bottle to try and save money. But if you want 12 oz bottle or 12 oz cans they are pretty expensive. With an Island with a ton of beaches 12 oz cans are the best choice for the beach. For one think they are a lot easier to keep cold in a cooler of ice. Also won't break and put glass on the beach.

How much would a case 24 (12 oz) cans cost in DR ? I just check in Houston and a case of miller lite is 17.97 plus 8 percent sales tax. That is $19.40 a case or 80 cents a beer. Bud light was $18.97 a case plus tax. The price goes up for craft beer and you have a ton of choices now with craft beer. Some are even doing craft beer now in a can and they are good.

With the 22 oz bottle I normally have them in the fridge and then put them in the freezer for a little while to get them cold before serving . Some beer is ok when it gets warmer but Presidente is not one of those beers. You need to finish that 22 oz bottle before it starts to get warm.

But one thing about the beer in DR they bars normally do not mark them up to much. A 22 oz might be 80 pesos at la sirena (less on sell) but 100 pesos at some bars. Where in the US they mark the beer up at a bar a lot more.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
On a side note, there is a beer fair in Carrefour again until end of the month.

On the picture in the newspaper I could see Leffe and Hoegaarden for sale but they have those in Nacional and Jumbo too, but there are supposed to be many Belgian and German beers.

May 5, 2007
I am surprised about the price being it is in a 3rd would country. I know most get the 22 oz bottle to try and save money. But if you want 12 oz bottle or 12 oz cans they are pretty expensive. With an Island with a ton of beaches 12 oz cans are the best choice for the beach. For one think they are a lot easier to keep cold in a cooler of ice. Also won't break and put glass on the beach.

Personal preference but beer in cans just doesn’t taste right though they do seem colder

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They get cold faster, Sooooooooooooooo, they also get warm faster!
I have a "Wet Suit" that fits a "Presidente" like a glove.
I don't know if it works, or not, I drink the beer so fast it never gets warm anyway!
I LOVE "Presidente" con "Clamato"!!!!!!!
I'm a "Chopo"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 6, 2006
I donlt dislike Presidente, but I do like Presidente more than Presidente Light. Here in the States, I am most fond of Pabst Blue Ribbon, but I think I like Moosehead better. We have several Oktoberfests here that I attend, and the authentic German Oktoberfest draft is the absolute best I have tasted.