Price of Cement

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
We had wanted to finish our house this winter...come to find out the price of a bag of cement last jan was 75 pesos and apparently the current price for the same bag of cement is 175!!!! Holy cow, why the heck would it rise that much?? I wonder if the amout of construction has slowed down bc of such a steep rise in price?? Would anyone happen to know if and when it might go down? or someplace that sells it cheaper than this???

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
We had wanted to finish our house this winter...come to find out the price of a bag of cement last jan was 75 pesos and apparently the current price for the same bag of cement is 175!!!! Holy cow, why the heck would it rise that much?? I wonder if the amout of construction has slowed down bc of such a steep rise in price?? Would anyone happen to know if and when it might go down? or someplace that sells it cheaper than this???

I remeber I bough cement in a fereteria in Jarabacoa and I paid 120 pesos a bag. I heard it did go down, so check again.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
75 pesos?
I don't think so.
Not an expert, but it seems to me that cement has been over 100 pesos for many many years.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
We are doing some renovation at the hotel now and we are paying $180rd per 94lb bag from Samana's Ferretaria Virginia. And although their price has slipped up to $188 in the past few weeks, they've honored the original quoted price. And from what we hear about the huge increase in construction on the Samana peninsula, the Metro and with the Rincon project now starting, better do it now as construction materials will go up even further and labor will be in short supply.

Sep 19, 2005
is it possible they have several size bags depending on where it is bought....94 lbs seems to be pretty heavy a bag.......I bought a bunch when we built the pig corral... while I dont remember the price, I do remember carrying them. And i seriously doubt they were as heavy as 94lbs.

Bob

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lots Of "CEMENT" Going Into The METRO!

The more it costs the more you can "Skim" ! Cost of all constuction materials used in the Metro have gone through the roof! "Rebar" is way up too!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC