prices of basic foods to go up in january 2015

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
not so Moderator because all basic agricultural foodstuffs produced in the DR are exempt ..that means meat ,vegetables,fruit .milk and natural water All processed food is taxed because ITBIS is a vaalue added tax VAT

I was referring to post #1.............
Was I wrong.............

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Rollout, you OBVIOUSLY haven't bought any coffee lately!!!
Cafe SD cost about 175 pesos a pound here in SD!
And due to the failure of most of the DR's coffee crop, it is most likely from Vietnam, or Africa anyway!!!!
I bought a pound of Monte Alta for 200 pesos yesterday.
It tasted like CRAP!!!!
I have 3 pounds of Olivo Family beans put away to trade Merengue Dutchie for some of his Cuban cigars, but I am VERY TEMPTED to grind ?Em myself!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

?Man Does NOT LIVE by eating UNPROCESSED food alone?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 9, 2004
not so Moderator because all basic agricultural foodstuffs produced in the DR are exempt ..that means meat ,vegetables,fruit .milk and natural water All processed food is taxed because ITBIS is a vaalue added tax VAT

....And that is a good thing for the poor......because after they pay the ridiculous tax and price for propane and cooking oil they just bought....there is little left for more taxes.

When will the government ever learn...that you cannot tax your way to prosperity.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Cocoa6705

Apr 22, 2014
Just out of curiosity, how much is a liter of Brugal and a bag of Santo Domingo coffee in the US?

Just moved to NY/NJ area, which is little Dominica. Can finally buy Brugal. Gotta say, I was surprised to see a liter going for near $20. Same size of Bacardi is under $15. Wish I could say it would slow me down, but alas NOT. Think that's why governments tax "sin" goods. They know we're hooked.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
who knew..........i sent down enough oil(cooking) to last me more than two yrs... i sent these a a freebee when shipping barrels/boxes...i forgot about the dominican sharing /family/free routine...i couldnt believe all the oil /gone ...

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Rollout, you OBVIOUSLY haven't bought any coffee lately!!!
Cafe SD cost about 175 pesos a pound here in SD!
And due to the failure of most of the DR's coffee crop, it is most likely from Vietnam, or Africa anyway!!!!
I bought a pound of Monte Alta for 200 pesos yesterday.
It tasted like CRAP!!!!
I have 3 pounds of Olivo Family beans put away to trade Merengue Dutchie for some of his Cuban cigars, but I am VERY TEMPTED to grind ?Em myself!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

?Man Does NOT LIVE by eating UNPROCESSED food alone?!!!!!!!!!!!!

CC, that was the price I paid for cafe bustelo, about a year ago, and it was here in Ft Likkerdale. I've since switched to tea.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You mean,...?FART LOUDER DALE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Don't drink too much tea, it can be FATAL!!!!!!
An Indian once drank 100 cups before he went to bed.
The next day he was found dead, in his,...........................Wait For It!!!!!!.................?Tea PEE?!!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Please keep posts DR related, prices in Oshkosh Wisconsin do not apply here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Just more proof that the government of DR is failing and has failed. The PLD and PRD are not the answer.

and just how do you come to that conclusion when the ITBIS on these mainly non essential items is to rise as was stated more than a year ago . I would suggest that the tax increases were the result of advice from the Central Bank and other government departments