Private beaches in DR - ?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thank you for the answer.
difficulties in claiming such rights may be minor if a property had such rights 1920 and been sold several times to new property owners afterwards, would in such a case the right stay with the property or would that right expire at the moment the property get's sold?
Mike

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Theoretically they would be transferred to each successive buyer. The problem, in no way minor, lies in what's happened in the Dominican Land registration system since 1920; the procedure that has been followed, etc.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Very little. In fact, whenever an old property goes for a deslinde, the 60 meter zone is automatically taken off the title, without respecting the "except for those property rights in existence" clause.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
When I first came here and learned about the 60 metre Maritime Zone, I thought what and well organised sensible country. Of course I come from the United Kingdom where the foreshore belongs to the Queen, I can?t remember how many yards, but she has said that all and any of her citizens can use it freely with the exception , in times of emergency, of bits used by the military. So thank goodness NO private beaches no matter who you know or how much money you have. The law is the law and it is enforced, as it should be. I would be happy to join any group wanting to run off the island anybody trying to break our Dominican Law.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Our local Las Terrenas Info Express writes that the Hotel /Apartment complex Balcones del Atlantico has a presidential decree granting them exclusive use of a piece of beach in violation of article 46 of the constitution and law 66-00 of article 147 of the environment. How does this square up with what Senor Guzman wrote and Leonels election declarations, that he was going to root out corruption and bribery. I expect that all the rest of the profits from the complex will be exported. By the way this decree is being heavily supported by coronel Eusebio Escolastico and his merry men of the local police - arrests etc.