private hospital or doctor English-speaking

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
Hola,
any recommendation for private hospital or doctor, English speaking?

just for general care

and specifically to order/refer for Calcium Score Test (CT CORONARIO CALCIO)
saludos

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I beleive he's in Santo Domingo.

My GP is Pablo Valdez, who also happens to be the doctor for the U.S. Consulate. He is in Clinica Abreu every M-F from 3pm.
There is a Lab Referencias next door.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Hola,
any recommendation for private hospital or doctor, English speaking?

just for general care

and specifically to order/refer for Calcium Score Test (CT CORONARIO CALCIO)
saludos
You have to tell us where you are. In Cabarete, Dr Gideon Plaut is well respected.

Reactions: nekokatt

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
I beleive he's in Santo Domingo.

My GP is Pablo Valdez, who also happens to be the doctor for the U.S. Consulate. He is in Clinica Abreu every M-F from 3pm.
There is a Lab Referencias next door.
please, Do you have email or Whatsapp contact for Dr Valdez so I can make appointment? (I am hearing impaired) Hope they have or can refer to place to do that test.

Muchas Gracias!

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
please, Do you have email or Whatsapp contact for Dr Valdez so I can make appointment? (I am hearing impaired) Hope they have or can refer to place to do that test.

Muchas Gracias!
I've never made an appointment, one of the best things about Clinica Abreu.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Centro de Medicina Avanzada Dr. Abel Gonzales - 809/227/2235 - http://cmaag.com/

Had a Calcium Score Test done here a couple of years ago, smooth process A to Z. Wife also spent a night there in urology and was very pleased with the service all the way around.

• Love

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
Centro de Medicina Avanzada Dr. Abel Gonzales - 809/227/2235 - http://cmaag.com/

Had a Calcium Score Test done here a couple of years ago, smooth process A to Z. Wife also spent a night there in urology and was very pleased with the service all the way around.
Muchas gracias! do you remember the cost?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

Let me mention one thing I discovered: Abel Gonzales is an excellent clinic, but more expensive than others like Clinica Abreu.

One of my doctors has an office in both, and his rates are higher in Abel Gonzales. Food for thought.

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
Let me mention one thing I discovered: Abel Gonzales is an excellent clinic, but more expensive than others like Clinica Abreu.

One of my doctors has an office in both, and his rates are higher in Abel Gonzales. Food for thought.
Muchas gracias! Found WhatsApp contact on Clinica Abreu website. They will get back to me monday.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I looked it up because I need to get a doc soon too.

https://pabloantoniovaldezduval.buscamed.do/
Just got back from my first appointment. Didn't get that lost.

Nothing but good things to say about the clinica and Doc Duval. FYI, MRI will cost me 9800 DOP at Clinica Abreu as I have no insurance. I've saved more than that amount up to now so no tears for me. I will post more after the blood work is done and the results of MRI are in. But so far, everyone was very nice there and helpful too.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I think you'll want to call him Dr. Pablo Valdez. I've never heard him called Doctor Duval.

Tell him James from Nigua says hello!

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Just to follow-up on my experiences. I'm hoping that they might help others. Dr. Valdez (got it right this time JD!) ordered a boatload of blood tests and urinalyses for me, along with the aforementioned MRI. I went to Amadita in Andres/Boca Chica this morning. In and out in just a hair under an hour. 7500 pesos for the whole shebang. I will find out the results Tuesday afternoon. Again, as with Clinica Abreu, nothing but good things to say about Amadita. They do accept credit cards and they are extremely professional. Can't recommend them enough, subject to them not mixing up the blood and urine work and telling me I'm pregnant. :sneaky:

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Just to follow-up on my experiences. I'm hoping that they might help others. Dr. Valdez (got it right this time JD!) ordered a boatload of blood tests and urinalyses for me, along with the aforementioned MRI. I went to Amadita in Andres/Boca Chica this morning. In and out in just a hair under an hour. 7500 pesos for the whole shebang. I will find out the results Tuesday afternoon. Again, as with Clinica Abreu, nothing but good things to say about Amadita. They do accept credit cards and they are extremely professional. Can't recommend them enough, subject to them not mixing up the blood and urine work and telling me I'm pregnant. :sneaky:
For future reference, there is a Lab Referencias next door to Clinica Abreu, and you can access your results online. I don't know if Amadita does that.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Update and a question. I have recieved all the blood/urine test results via password protected pdf's. Everything is mostly normal.

Just finished the MRI at Clinica Abreu. I was scheduled for 12 noon and I got in at 1205. Out at 1245. Excellent job all the way around. Very professional.

Now the question: What is the typical protocol here? Do you go get all your results and then make an appointment with your doctor or do they automatically send the results to the doctor that ordered them? Thanks for anyone who knows!